Hydrophobic spray on the outside aquarium glass

Kevin@Nemos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever tried to use a super hydrophobic spray on the outside aquarium glass to help repels so and water marks?

It could be nice to never have to deal with cleaning the outside glass.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever tried to use a super hydrophobic spray on the outside aquarium glass to help repels so and water marks?

It could be nice to never have to deal with cleaning the outside glass.
Haven’t seen anyone do this, but it’s an interesting idea. I think as long as there isn’t any overspray or somehow the chemical ends up in the tank you‘ll be fine.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use RainX on the outside glass, with good results. If it’s it’s the Spray Bottle, just spray it on a Paper Towel Roll Single Sheet, far away from the Aquarium. I’d like to do the outside of the top, but couldn’t get an answer on the toxic of the dried RainX.

OP
OP
Kevin@Nemos

Kevin@Nemos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! I think I'll give it a go. How long do you think it lasted you
I use RainX on the outside glass, with good results. If it’s it’s the Spray Bottle, just spray it on a Paper Towel Roll Single Sheet, far away from the Aquarium. I’d like to do the outside of the top, but couldn’t get an answer on the toxic of the dried RainX.

OP
OP
Kevin@Nemos

Kevin@Nemos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BI:
An update for anyone interested. It has made a world ofa difference in cleaning the glass on high traffic areas. Wiping smudges are a breeze now. Literally the water beads off and whatever is left behind is easily wiped away

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back