OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is kinda cool. Hard to beat the Tunze 3155 but that one is interesting.

You are right, but my mixing station and RODI water is located in the garage, the Tunze is not up for the challenge.

I use a Tunze on my frag tank in my living room that's full of another member's coral that had their tank split and was on my 120 before that, they are great and have no complaints.

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Apex is a toy compared to spectra pure. Its going to work flawless for you. I set mine up and forgot about it. I refill a 65 gallon reservoir in the basement and let it do its thing. I have no financial disclosures. Its just the best available to hobbyist. 3 years going strong without maintenance so far.
what is the max distance that the pump can draw? I need at lest 25"

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the max distance that the pump can draw? I need at lest 25"
Offering draw of 25+ Vertical Feet, and 60ft+ of delivery

I can tell you it's pulling about 25' up and across another 50' and down 15' and has zero issues doing so when I tested it

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no experience with them. thanks for explaining. What issues did you have with the apex? Any FMM issues? First time I am using a ATK and I'm not completely sold on it. I am also considering the Innovative Marine Hydro fill

Well if you are relying on the PMUP like I am I would always have a spare on hand, I still get random ATO errors that have nothing to do with the run time, and always happen when I'm traveling or on vacation. So I went with the best of both worlds, hand-made in America ATO with people who have been using them for years along with optical sensors if things do go wrong.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well now you guys have me looking at the SpectraPure. That will cost more me money!

Buy once, cry once

Some of the best advice that was ever given to me for this hobby

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well if you are relying on the PMUP like I am I would always have a spare on hand, I still get random ATO errors that have nothing to do with the run time, and always happen when I'm traveling or on vacation. So I went with the best of both worlds, hand-made in America ATO with people who have been using them for years along with optical sensors if things do go wrong.
I already changed out the pump. it wasn't big enough to push what I needed. I'm just using the optical sensors to kick off a BRS 50ml doser on the apex.. maybe there is hope for it

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a few updated shots, everything is now purchased and has arrived after a couple delayed packages. I will be moving the MP60’s, some MP40’s, and some modules over from my 210 so that has to wait
Looks great! Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

Apex is a toy compared to spectra pure. Its going to work flawless for you. I set mine up and forgot about it. I refill a 65 gallon reservoir in the basement and let it do its thing. I have no financial disclosures. Its just the best available to hobbyist. 3 years going strong without maintenance so far.
That is kinda cool. Hard to beat the Tunze 3155 but that one is interesting.

+1 on this ATO set up being awesome. I've been using the spectrapure pump for two years to draw from distance without fail. I would have used the same set up as @Hydrored except I had a Tunze ATO setup on hand. I needed the pump for distance and the Tunze allows you to splice in other pumps. I spliced the older generation spectrapure WXM (they now have a newer generation G7 pump) into the Tunze. Here's a video showing the setup.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there may or may not be a tank on the stand when I get home tonight, my buddy who owns an LFS in The Colony is going to try and stop by today and get it in, pad is down ready to roll. Fingers crossed it’s sitting there today.

83291284-6691-4BFC-94F3-6F17A5771BEF.jpeg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there may or may not be a tank on the stand when I get home tonight, my buddy who owns an LFS in The Colony is going to try and stop by today and get it in, pad is down ready to roll. Fingers crossed nothing bad happens and it’s sitting there today.

You got this!!!!!

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got this!!!!!

Worse part is (or maybe best?!) I won’t be home for it, I have an exec review today that I can’t be absent for. So my wife is SUPER happy with me, she is the supervisor today.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worse part is (or maybe best?!) I won’t be home for it, I have an exec review today that I can’t be absent for. So my wife is SUPER happy with me, she is the supervisor today.
Wife supervisor is best supervisor when not supervising you lol.

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there may or may not be a tank on the stand when I get home tonight, my buddy who owns an LFS in The Colony is going to try and stop by today and get it in, pad is down ready to roll. Fingers crossed it’s sitting there today.

What an amazing setup you have going. Fantastic work

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Awesome setup! Sweet to see the tank in place

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
how is the build quality of the sump now that you have it in place and plumbing it ? Talk to John just be fore thanks giving and he said mine should ship out this week or next

Back