Hydrored's 300 Glass Cages Build

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As sure as I was about the Stream 3, I'm not sure it's the right tool for almost anyone. You can't aim it at all so I hope you enjoy shooting water across the glass.

The normal nozzle can't push past 4 feet or so and plan on it moving sand. Put the narrow nozzle on and you better have 8+ feet or you can't turn it past 30% without creating a sand storm.

The rectifier/deflector is borderline pointless IMO.

I absolutely love Tunze pumps but the Stream 3 is far too limited with its mounting options. I spoke with Roger at Tunze and most vendors won't have any Stream 3 pumps until August or September.

Edit: figuring out flow really makes me hate sand again. It's a lose lose IMO

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking I’ll order 4 Panta Rhei ECM 42 Pros to replace my 4 MP60’s. Fool me once….

@ReefStache how is the ECM holding up? Would you recommend them?

I really do not want cables in my reef tank but really don’t have any other options

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m thinking I’ll order 4 Panta Rhei ECM 42 Pros to replace my 4 MP60’s. Fool me once….

I really do not want cables in my reef tank but really don’t have any other options

While it completely sucks, how much of a one off is this?

I couldn't get past the controller on Panta Rhei pumps. That's the most overthought, miss the mark controllers I've ever seen. JMO

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While it completely sucks, how much of a one off is this?

I couldn't get past the controller on Panta Rhei pumps. That's the most overthought, miss the mark controllers I've ever seen. JMO

I don’t disagree with you, I look at it as I’ll set it to random and probably never change it again. I never changed my MP60’s until I put sand in.

Now that I factory reset the MP60’s I can not for the life of me get any of them set to child mode. I just left them all at Tidal Swell about 60%. Depending on what I do I have some 6 month old MP60’s and wet sides for you- package deal lol

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t disagree with you, I look at it as I’ll set it to random and probably never change it again. I never changed my MP60’s until I put sand in.

Now that I factory reset the MP60’s I can not for the life of me get any of them set to child mode. I just left them all at Tidal Swell about 60%. Depending on what I do I have some 6 month old MP60’s and wet sides for you- package deal lol

Don't tempt me good sir! You take 12 easy payments? :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just spoke to Ecotech, the flashing red actually disconnects the power from the pump and RF chip, effectively making the pump dead until power cycled. Just so everyone knows a battery backup will do nothing for you if this happens.

They believe this was caused by a power surge or low voltage. I explained to them that 2 of each are on a different circuit and the MP10 in my frag tank on that same circuit has no issue whatsoever. Only my 300 profile had this issue. I have a whole-home surge protector and nothing popped in the Apex power bars, everything else was/is running normally.

In summary, this is very uncommon and they doubt it could happen again.

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are your corals? What did you decide to do in terms of carbon / water change?

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are your corals? What did you decide to do in terms of carbon / water change?

Unfortunately I won’t know until I get home tonight how the coral is doing, I decided to leave the lemonade as it and not frag it last night.

I put a quarter dose of AC in as I never really run it and didn’t want to shock things further last night. Tank was very hazy almost like it was carbon dosed. I have 65 gallons of salt water and another 65 of RODI ready if I decide to do a change tonight, last night I was just angry and over it.

I’m sure I will see the full impact of this weeks from now. The corals that were under my returns look fine.

I should’ve bought a power ball ticket last night

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lemonade is a goner, no other tissue loss as far as I can tell, more corals are now grey along the back rock structure but all have polyps. No idea what a grey stick means but I’m guessing dead.

Tank is still really hazy like a bloom of some sort, going to do a 40 gallon water change as I don’t know if there is anything else to do but wait.

In other news because it doesn’t actually matter my ICP came back today almost perfect other than flouride

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cherry bomb that looked awesome is also grey but has polyp extension, sad.

095980E2-318D-4A69-BBDB-DF29EAA7C543.jpeg

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So if you totally remove them from Mobius, this technically can't happen right? Even a power surge should have had them come back on

ReefStash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

It’s a solid pump if you can get past the cable in the tank and the odd controller. Thing is built to last. 100+ Love mine and would gladly swap the other MP40 out for another one. They knock some serious flow.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Bertha the Vlamingi made it to his new home tonight, pretty much wrecked everything getting him out. He is loving his new huge tank so it was all worth it. Bitter sweet.

Saying good bye after rescuing him 2 years ago-
DB05B02C-BAB0-4F06-AD09-35D5F61BBF6C.jpeg

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m other news coral seems much better today, still have some greyed out pieces and spots in the colonies may still die off or die all together. This hobby can really find a way to smack you down. Alkalinity use is back to normal again.

Tomorrow is an exciting day as my new 911 GTS arrived and I get to pick it up, I sold my Carrera S this week. Going to chill out this weekend and stay home, work has been beating me relentlessly.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m other news coral seems much better today, still have some greyed out pieces and spots in the colonies may still die off or die all together. This hobby can really find a way to smack you down. Alkalinity use is back to normal again.

Tomorrow is an exciting day as my new 911 GTS arrived and I get to pick it up, I sold my Carrera S this week. Going to chill out this weekend and stay home, work has been beating me relentlessly.

Made it home in one piece-

2FCDCEAD-042A-403C-A06B-2DDF6EC4FC90.jpeg
A2A86EBB-0A62-4CCC-9BD3-53C197017E1F.jpeg

Last edited:

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad to see that everything is starting to level out and stabilize. I saw that you're moving again? I look forward to a new system! Also... if your company is ever hiring, let me know. Lol.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad to see that everything is starting to level out and stabilize. I saw that you're moving again? I look forward to a new system! Also... if your company is ever hiring, let me know. Lol.
Thank you! We decided to stick around a while longer, that and I think the housing market is going to continue to cool off a bit. I’m in no hurry.

I’ll keep you posted when they decide to replace me ;-)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back