OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely following! Where did you get your containers from for your water station?

Central Tractor, Norwesco tanks are also made right here in Texas but the price saving was negligible to buy them direct as a regular Joe

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much of an update, new GNC lights will be here Friday, stand from Framing Tech is paid for, should be here in 6 weeks along with button fasteners-

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 3.44.13 PM.png

I have also ordered 2 9780 XL Acroporock from Aquaroche that is in customs now, I will be replacing my existing caribsea rock and keeping all of the from ocean live rock. Don't let the picture fool you these are large! 30x18x18 x2-

https://www.aquariumpartners.com/product-page/acroporock-xl-kit-13pcs-30in-x-18in-x-18in

Elos has been great to work with so far on the lights and rock

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much of an update, new GNC lights will be here Friday, stand from Framing Tech is paid for, should be here in 6 weeks along with button fasteners-

I have also ordered 2 9780 XL Acroporock from Aquaroche that is in customs now, I will be replacing my existing caribsea rock and keeping all of the from ocean live rock. Don't let the picture fool you these are large! 30x18x18 x2-

https://www.aquariumpartners.com/product-page/acroporock-xl-kit-13pcs-30in-x-18in-x-18in

That rock is really interesting and the rest of their products look really cool. Definitely need to save for future reference.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Awesome looking build, and that Acroporock looks really cool.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome looking build, and that Acroporock looks really cool.

Thank you! This will be my last build until we move to another house in another 5 years, do not have any more room for a bigger tank. Next house I will definitely do a fish room and an in-wall

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you explain what the rock is? I found the website difficult to navigate. I'm excited to see how your new lights work

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you explain what the rock is? I found the website difficult to navigate. I'm excited to see how your new lights work

It’s a ceramic type material that is very porous. Cool thing about it is it works on a peg system so you can add to it, change it up by making it shorter or longer, even add little cups on the ends to glue frags into. It’s almost completely modular. You can pull off a section and mount frags to it, put it back into the tank.

I decided to pick a pre designed structure but you can practically built anything starting with a base.

It’s not a replacement for my real live rock, I just hate the Caribsea rock and will never use it again so I have an opportunity to try something new and get rid of some concrete out of my tank.

@mxnutz used it in his build thread-

Here is the pre designed structure in a 6 foot tank-

A43DEC08-EFFB-42D0-857C-B794FD2D43E8.jpeg

Last edited:

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a ceramic type material that is very porous. Cool think about it is the work on a peg system so you can add to it, change it up my making it shorter or longer, even add little cups on the ends to glue frags into. It’s almost completely modular. You can pull off a section and mount frags to it, put it back into the tank.

I decided to pick a pre designed structure but you can practically built anything starting with a base.

It’s not a replacement for my real live rock, I just hate the Caribsea rock and will never use it again so I have an opportunity to try something new and get rid of some concrete out of my tank.

@mxnutz used it in his build thread-

Here is the pre designed structure in a 6 foot tank-

A43DEC08-EFFB-42D0-857C-B794FD2D43E8.jpeg

Very cool. I know ceramic is very porous, so I wonder if it's able to host anaerobic denitrifying bacteria. That would do wonders for a bioload without the worry of building a nuke of a deep sand bed.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. I know ceramic is very porous, so I wonder if it's able to host anaerobic denitrifying bacteria. That would do wonders for a bioload without the worry of building a nuke of a deep sand bed.

That’s part of my interest, my real live rock is so porous and crazy things grow all over it. The concrete has a few sponges but honestly my gut says if and when I smash it open it will be dry in the middle

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s part of my interest, my real live rock is so porous and crazy things grow all over it. The concrete has a few sponges but honestly my gut says if and when I smash it open it will be dry in the middle
I look forward to you smashing some of your rock in a few years for....
bill nye GIF

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be an awesome build! I’m sure you’ll love your tank, I got mine from glass cages a couple months ago and I am thrilled with it.

look forward to seeing yours come together.

What sold me on Glass Cages was @Joe Glass Cages acknowledged the issues they had in the past, put quality control in place, and through conversation I could tell his craft really excites him. I have nothing but great things to say about the customer service so far.

My expectations are very high from Glass Cages. I’m a person who puts quality, detail, and customer service over cost.

I’m excited!

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sold me on Glass Cages was @Joe Glass Cages acknowledged the issues they had in the past, put quality control in place, and through conversation I could tell his craft really excites him. I have nothing but great things to say about the customer service so far.

My expectations are very high from Glass Cages. I’m a person who puts quality, detail, and customer service over cost.

I’m excited!
You will be very happy when you get your tank. They build top notch tanks.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the lighting setup so far, the tape is the length of the tank. 4 Blue Ray Pros and 2 A360x Blues.

@Peppe thoughts on a 3rd A360x? Not really going for PAR here from the Kessil’s, just shimmer, but my OCD bothers me with the 2 lol, you sent me down this road due to your YouTube videos with this setup. Thanks for blazing the trail..

F431E1C9-20CE-4C01-984E-4C4882BF57D1.jpeg

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the lighting setup so far, the tape is the length of the tank. 4 Blue Ray Pros and 2 A360x Blues.

@Peppe thoughts on a 3rd A360x? Not really going for PAR here from the Kessil’s, just shimmer, but my OCD bothers me with the 2 lol, you sent me down this road due to your YouTube videos with this setup. Thanks for blazing the trail..

F431E1C9-20CE-4C01-984E-4C4882BF57D1.jpeg
I contacted Kessil about this when their A500x came out. Kessil says that they literally mean the two systems are almost identical- the A360x is capable of spreading light on a 36" x 36" area, there just would not be much par. If you're going just for shimmer, two might be enough. It wouldn't be hard to find a third used one and set it up later.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 143 61.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 63 26.9%
Back