Hydrored's 300 Glass Cages Build

Cassklar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What return pumps are you using I’m starting a 300 build in january and nice work so far I am also going to be using stratons thanks

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What return pumps are you using I’m starting a 300 build in january and nice work so far I am also going to be using stratons thanks

2 Royal Exclusiv RD3
I already have 2 of them and I love them so much I saw no reason to change them out as I only target 2 times turn over. I did pick up 2 additional new ones to run this tank, once my 210 comes down I will use those to run the frag tanks.

Another reason I like those pumps is I always have a spare pump if my skimmer pump were to fail, I use a Royal Exclusive skimmer as well.

Cassklar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply question on your lighting why did you switch from stratons on your new build

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply question on your lighting why did you switch from stratons on your new build

I love the Stratons and will be keeping them in the closet until I make a decision to keep the GNC’s or Bluerays. One of the Stratons is going to Dana for testing. I like to try new lighting so I figured why not

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking forward to seeing the build quality. If it’s improved and show-worthy, I may go with them for an 8’ x 3’ down the line.

I’m very particular, especially when it comes to details and the quality of work. I will give a full honest review once it arrives.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what 2 drops of KZ CV does to PE in a 200 gallon tank, I had to put some free music on the video as we had music playing in the background-

I bought some 30.00 no name bugger sized tenuis frags from a wholesaler a over a month or so ago. I lost a couple when I decided to stop chasing the phosphate dragon but now my coral looks better than ever to my eyes, Some of the maricultured frags have taken off real well while a couple other are just starting to color up or just doing ok. Here is one of them-
D3D7F705-235F-4695-AB2F-274FC07F78AE.jpeg

And here another random coral-
345417FF-6B69-4925-AB67-D41182DDDF7D.jpeg

Last edited:

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what 2 drops of KZ CV does to PE in a 200 gallon tank, I had to put some free music on the video as we had music playing in the background-

I bought some 30.00 no name bugger sized tenuis frags from a wholesaler a over a month or so ago. I lost a couple when I decided to stop chasing the phosphate dragon but now my coral looks better than ever to my eyes, Some of the maricultured frags have taken off real well while a couple other are just starting to color up or just doing ok. Here is one of them-
D3D7F705-235F-4695-AB2F-274FC07F78AE.jpeg

And here another random coral-
345417FF-6B69-4925-AB67-D41182DDDF7D.jpeg
what coral whole salers do you buy from

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both sumps and frag tank shipped via freight, expected in 7-10 days.

Received the Versa 4 pack, return pumps, and 2 more Kessils on Friday. I’m off this week so will be building out the stand, running 2 air intake lines, and all of the AWC/ATO for both tanks. Going to be a busy week.

I spent this weekend building a new gaming PC for when 2042 releases, I’ve had the parts for a few months just now had time to build it. I don’t have a ton of time to play but was overdue for an upgrade.

094A19D6-1A9F-42C1-AEDD-EB3E72DD6773.jpeg
ACB219D6-6488-4BE8-9487-30F1CDACA140.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received some news that I will not be receiving my tank and is being rebuilt due to a blemish. It’s nothing structural but I prefer it to be perfect. I appreciate Joe called me and let me know verse just sending it. I asked for a show tank and Joe wants to deliver on that.

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received some news that I will not be receiving my tank and is being rebuilt due to a blemish. It’s nothing structural but I prefer it to be perfect. I appreciate Joe called me and let me know verse just sending it. I asked for a show tank and Joe wants to deliver on that.
I was hoping to take possession of mine two weeks ago but there was a flaw in the vinyl. I'm really impressed by their quality assurance!

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Electrician will now be here tomorrow as he only came here alone and needed another to help run the lines. Got the lighting installed in the stand using all Hue and a motion sensor. Lighting 8020 setup where be here Tuesday, if anyone has recommendations for hanging it from the ceiling I’m all ears.

77DAC62A-A53F-4828-8452-B133AF3A88C2.jpeg

Last edited:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Electrician will now be here tomorrow as he only came here alone and needed another to help run the lines. Got the lighting installed in the stand using all Hue and a motion sensor. Lighting 8020 setup where be here Tuesday, if anyone has recommendations for hanging it from the ceiling I’m all ears.

77DAC62A-A53F-4828-8452-B133AF3A88C2.jpeg
On my previous big tank, I used uni-strut lag bolted to the the studs to hold the speed links that held the light fixture frame.

I then build a 6" tall frame around it using 6" baseboard, as it matched the trim in the room. From there, I slid white pvc pipe (painted it off white with kryon fusion) over the speed links and then ran my wires up those pipes. The pipes were about 3" shorter than they needed to be, so the wires could easily come out of the pipes at the top. The trim around the uni strut hid it all, so it looked like the light fixture was affixed to the ceiling by the pipes.

Let me do some digging on my old PC and see if I can find pics.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my previous big tank, I used uni-strut lag bolted to the the studs to hold the speed links that held the light fixture frame.

I then build a 6" tall frame around it using 6" baseboard, as it matched the trim in the room. From there, I slid white pvc pipe (painted it off white with kryon fusion) over the speed links and then ran my wires up those pipes. The pipes were about 3" shorter than they needed to be, so the wires could easily come out of the pipes at the top. The trim around the uni strut hid it all, so it looked like the light fixture was affixed to the ceiling by the pipes.

Let me do some digging on my old PC and see if I can find pics.

I like it! please post pics if you find them!

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Hydrored, I dont like making those calls at all. Glad we had a chance to talk about and review some pictures. I wasnt liking it. right choice was to remake. Thanks for your understanding.

gosh, I dont like making those calls.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to take possession of mine two weeks ago but there was a flaw in the vinyl. I'm really impressed by their quality assurance!
we love to get everyone their tank on time. Things happen and we need to get it right. Thanks for your understand too and the support. This is a journey for sure.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back