OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was doing a water change tonight on the 200 as it’s been awhile and nutrients are getting carried away, found this mushroom growing from the Australian live rock that I got. Guessing an interstellar of some sort?

65A5F5F7-2893-4697-9900-3B602F2491FB.jpeg

fushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is an amazing build!
I plant on upgrading my tank in the next few months and can’t wait to hear what you think of the GNC lights, or maybe the Stratons will be available again.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a pretty nice order from Shane at SBB corals today, also picked up some frags from Mythical Corals. Tank will be just about all tenuis other then some classics that I already have growing.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an amazing build!
I plant on upgrading my tank in the next few months and can’t wait to hear what you think of the GNC lights, or maybe the Stratons will be available again.

I appreciate the kind words, right now it’s just a waiting game for the glass to arrive. Things will really pickup then, hoping to have water in it by Christmas at the latest.

The Stratons are an amazing light, I really love them. I’m not committed to the GNC’s unless they really show they can compete with my Stratons long term

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of updates as I went radio silent for a bit, I'm back around and will be providing updates here....

Tank arrived with a bit of a problem, FedEx loaded this tank on a truck that was far too small to handle this tank, a couple of bottles of whiskey later another truck came to help. (Yes, that is the new tank balancing between two trucks lift gates )Tank is beautiful and I couldn’t be happier with the quality. @Joe Glass Cages delivered what I consider to be a show-quality tank. Don’t mind the mess in the garage, that’s what happens when you install a new tank lol-

989E7677-5C41-4B5D-9CBF-7E54D59FFECA.jpeg
19A93742-BF56-4631-8109-CAF5C11C2B89.jpeg

I went Christmas shopping for myself and hit up SBB corals along with Battlecorals for some SPS.

Battlecorals was offering 30% off the "big" box so I went with that requesting 15 tenuis pieces of whatever Adam wants to put in it.

From Shane (SBB) I picked up 11 pieces-

SBB " Brain Teaser"
SBB " Laffy Taffy"
SBB Named Grab
SBB Grab Bag Tenuis
SBB Phenomenon
SBB " 24k" Tenuis
SBB " Pink Berry”
SBB " Molten Core"
SBB " Funky Monkey"
SBB " Banana Crunch "
SBB NO name COlonie

I have to take a day off from work so the tank will be going in the house on Friday morning along with the plumbing getting done.

Last edited:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of updates as I went radio silent for a bit, I'm back around and will be providing updates here....

Tank arrived with a bit of a problem, FedEx loaded this tank on a truck that was far too small to handle this tank, a couple of bottles of whiskey later another truck came to help. (Yes, that is the new tank balancing between two trucks lift gates )Tank is beautiful and I couldn’t be happier with the quality. @Joe Glass Cages delivered what I consider to be a show-quality tank. Don’t mind the mess in the garage, that’s what happens when you install a new tank lol-

I went Christmas shopping for myself and hit up SBB corals along with Battlecorals for some SPS.

Battlecorals was offering 30% off the 1k box so I went with that requesting 15 tenuis pieces of whatever Adam wants to put in it.

SBB " Brain Teaser"
SBB " Laffy Taffy"
SBB Named Grab
SBB Grab Bag Tenuis
SBB Phenomenon
SBB " 24k" Tenuis
SBB " Pink Berry”
SBB " Molten Core"
SBB " Funky Monkey"
SBB " Banana Crunch "
SBB NO name COlonie

I have to take a day off from work so the tank will be going in the house on Friday morning along with the plumbing getting done.
You do not realize how hard it was to not tell you that the tank was gorgeous lol. I saw it when I went and picked up my sump, but didnt mention it lol.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do not realize how hard it was to not tell you that the tank was gorgeous lol. I saw it when I went and picked up my sump, but didnt mention it lol.
Thank you for not spoiling it! I'm really proud of what Glass Cages produced, I went over the whole tank and couldn't find a thing I wasn't happy with. I'm really happy I went all low iron including the euro brace, well it's not needed, it really makes a difference to me

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for not spoiling it! I'm really proud of what Glass Cages produced, I went over the whole tank and couldn't find a thing I wasn't happy with. I'm really happy I went all low iron including the euro brace, well it's not needed, it really makes a difference to me
Same here with my sump. I know it is only a sump, but was a 100% custom never been done before sump lol. The quality was top notch.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Battlecorals was offering 30% off the "big" box so I went with that requesting 15 tenuis pieces of whatever Adam wants to put in it.

SBB " Brain Teaser"
SBB " Laffy Taffy"
SBB Named Grab
SBB Grab Bag Tenuis
SBB Phenomenon
SBB " 24k" Tenuis
SBB " Pink Berry”
SBB " Molten Core"
SBB " Funky Monkey"
SBB " Banana Crunch "
SBB NO name COlonie

Thanks so much @Hydrored Totally appreciate your kind words of support. Thank you.

we really enjoyed working with you throughout this build process. Love the way your tank turned out!

"Dual FedEx Truck Delivery" maybe we should add that as a new delivery option?

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here with my sump. I know it is only a sump, but was a 100% custom never been done before sump lol. The quality was top notch.
100% custom is right @Eagle_Steve. your design is a one of a kind for sure. I believe the drawing was the hardest part LOL! The end product is radical.

Thanks for trusting us to build your unique sump for you.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much @Hydrored Totally appreciate your kind words of support. Thank you.

we really enjoyed working with you throughout this build process. Love the way your tank turned out!

"Dual FedEx Truck Delivery" maybe we should add that as a new delivery option?
It’s possible, better send whiskey in the crate also lol

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a few updated shots, everything is now purchased and has arrived after a couple delayed packages. I will be moving the MP60’s, some MP40’s, and some modules over from my 210 so that has to wait
4E8B9A4A-0632-4190-854D-C263ED10B1FB.jpeg
F4C73233-5717-4183-98AC-11363270FE9D.jpeg
2D64DA02-581E-4F36-8481-B6C36CDBFAAB.jpeg
152A5A16-DB5B-4AF3-BC69-1A074DD689E0.jpeg
E72AB809-BDFF-4FCA-9631-3C6CCE1C3FC7.jpeg

I ended up grabbing 2 auqa logic heat controllers (Ranco with actual decent probes), I will be selling my Innovative Marine heaters with the tank break down.

I also spent a bunch of time chopping up colonies and making frags to sell or to give away for local reefers. I hate doing it but its definitely bitter sweet, I have a ton more to chop up and mount to the arms. Tank is definitely ticked right now after all of the chaos, especially as I’ve kept my hands out of for weeks. Crappy photo warning-

92B8C655-F5E1-49CD-9CA0-A2A52E647DDE.jpeg
4C686F44-C4CF-4646-9C2D-7444DE8B2488.jpeg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SBB " Brain Teaser"
SBB " Laffy Taffy"
SBB Named Grab
SBB Grab Bag Tenuis
SBB Phenomenon
SBB " 24k" Tenuis
SBB " Pink Berry”
SBB " Molten Core"
SBB " Funky Monkey"
SBB " Banana Crunch "
SBB NO name COlonie

The dual liftgates is awesome problem solving. That is just great.

I have some really nice SBB stuff in my growout right now. Enjoy!

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where did you get the pump intake strainers?

what are you using for ATO

Intake slot pipes are from Royal Exclusiv direct-

I'm using SpectraPure G7 Ultra Precise for an ATO-

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Intake slot pipes are from Royal Exclusiv direct-

I'm using SpectraPure G7 Ultra Precise for an ATO-
just my opinion, but I'm not so sure I would trust that for an ATO. I would think that bubbles or some floating "thing" could cause an issue if it were to hit the vacuum tube. I don't know a lot about it so its just my opinion.

I decide to go with Apex and optic sensors to will kick on a pump. the pump is a BRS 55ml and I am putting a solenoid on the line. the Apex solenoid was only $29 so why not

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just my opinion, but I'm not so sure I would trust that for an ATO. I would think that bubbles or some floating "thing" could cause an issue if it were to hit the vacuum tube. I don't know a lot about it so its just my opinion.

I decide to go with Apex and optic sensors to will kick on a pump. the pump is a BRS 55ml and I am putting a solenoid on the line. the Apex solenoid was only $29 so why not

Thanks for your concern! Many people are using them with success, when the water is touching the large tube it does not draw water, If the smaller tube gets submersed it kills the pump. So it's perfectly fine if air gets in there, even if debris did it would have to plug the whole entire large tube perfectly. I have used the apex ATO since release, which has it's own issues to deal with. If I'm not happy with it I have spare Apex parts for days and would take minutes to swap.

I also have optical alarms if the sump water level is too high or low for even more backup. So we'll see how it goes, for now, I'm going to roll with it.

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for your concern! Many people are using them with success, when the water is touching the large tube it does not draw water, If the smaller tube gets submersed it kills the pump. So it's perfectly fine if air gets in there, even if debris did it would have to plug the whole entire large tube perfectly. I have used the apex ATO since release, which has it's own issues to deal with. If I'm not happy with it I have spare Apex parts for days and would take minutes to swap.

I also have optical alarms if the sump water level is too high or low for even more backup. So we'll see how it goes, for now, I'm going to roll with it.
I have no experience with them. thanks for explaining. What issues did you have with the apex? Any FMM issues? First time I am using a ATK and I'm not completely sold on it. I am also considering the Innovative Marine Hydro fill

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex is a toy compared to spectra pure. Its going to work flawless for you. I set mine up and forgot about it. I refill a 65 gallon reservoir in the basement and let it do its thing. I have no financial disclosures. Its just the best available to hobbyist. 3 years going strong without maintenance so far.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is kinda cool. Hard to beat the Tunze 3155 but that one is interesting.

Back