OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the inlets on your sump, did you run PVC from the bulkheads to the bottom of the sump or is the water just dumping out of the bulkheads to the socks?
BBA6764E-33BE-49FB-9FD6-C34EDEE08884.jpeg

under water about 6 inches

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hooked up the double jumbo scrubber Wednesday, probably a little too much here as it’s gone up by .32? My few LPS have never looked fatter and tank is slamming some alk, I’m guessing it’s not too high to be concerned

1E9B36C5-8EC9-4BA8-8F1A-5DC50BC6190E.png

37387B4E-6ABA-461A-B5F5-3BDBACD1F3FE.jpeg

42855833-9129-43A3-AB7F-30F3C76AB6FF.png

Last edited:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hooked up the double jumbo scrubber Wednesday, probably a little too much here as it’s gone up by .32? My few LPS have never looked fatter and tank is slamming some alk, I’m guessing it’s not too high to be concerned

1E9B36C5-8EC9-4BA8-8F1A-5DC50BC6190E.png

37387B4E-6ABA-461A-B5F5-3BDBACD1F3FE.jpeg

42855833-9129-43A3-AB7F-30F3C76AB6FF.png
Your ph almost looks like mine. I don’t have any issues until it gets to 8.6. My nems hated that, but that was the only thing affected. I will say, I do wonder about my probe being accurate sometimes, but with your alk consumption going up, it’s on par with ph riding where it is.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of updates-

I ended up getting 5 Orphek Icons after hearing back from Giesemann, they were shipped today before the holiday shutdown. (unfortunately)

I received some news today from my work that will impact the future of this tank, as it stands right now no new coral or equipment will be added. The tank at this time will be shut down and sold as-is with everything going hopefully in one package. I don't plan on relocating the tank.

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of updates-

I ended up getting 5 Orphek Icons after hearing back from Giesemann, they were shipped today before the holiday shutdown. (unfortunately)

I received some news today from my work that will impact the future of this tank, as it stands right now no new coral or equipment will be added. The tank at this time will be shut down and sold as-is with everything going hopefully in one package. I don't plan on relocating the tank.
I'm sorry to hear that.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of updates-

Dang it man. Hope everything is for the best.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of updates-

Dang that is quite the update. Beauty of a build going there. Wish I was more local. Good luck with everything. Sounds like you got a lot of moving parts to manage. Wish you good fortune.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A couple of updates-

This is not what we want to hear man i hope everything works out in the end! Let me know if i can help out in anyway!

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All good here, nothing wrong (sorry if it came across that way, wasn't trying to be dramatic)

I have moved all over the country for work, once I got to Texas I had zero plans of moving until I retire. Unfortunately, I'm going to be moving again by June. I would rather shut the tank down now and get it sold than let it continue to mature and run.

Our house is on the smaller size as it's just my wife and I, we have no kids and aren't planning to have any, and we only planned to stay in this house for another 4-5 years and was never going to be our forever home.

There is a bright side to this story, the houses we are looking at give me an option to go insane if I really want to with a tank, and the wife is supportive of finding a house that accommodates my hobby along with a 3-4 car garage.

A lot can change in the near future so who knows, for now, it's best the tank sits idle

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All good here, nothing wrong (sorry if it came across that way, wasn't trying to be dramatic)

I have moved all over the country for work, once I got to Texas I had zero plans of moving until I retire. Unfortunately, I'm going to be moving again by June. I would rather shut the tank down now and get it sold than let it continue to mature and run.

Our house is on the smaller size as it's just my wife and I, we have no kids and aren't planning to have any, and we only planned to stay in this house for another 4-5 years and was never going to be our forever home.

There is a bright side to this story, the houses we are looking at give me an option to go insane if I really want to with a tank, and the wife is supportive of finding a house that accommodates my hobby along with a 3-4 car garage.

A lot can change in the near future so who knows, for now, it's best the tank sits idle
Glad to hear man thought things went south! If I was closer I would definitely move that tank over here!! Lol

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Come pick it up! You're always welcome here for a cold beer and some BBQ
Dont tempt me!! For the right price I probably could make that happen!

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the eventual tank shutdown and move but hope it's all for the best!

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eleven-teen ninety nine.

Kidding, but that tank is gorgeous. I saw it being built in person and was like "ooooo awwwww" lol.

I have already begun dreaming up the new tank and @Joe Glass Cages will be the one to help those dreams come true. This one will take much longer due to my timelines.....

10'x4'x25"? ;)

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back