Hydros Control 2 , Control 4 and accessories question and answer thread.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It has been almost two full days and not a single disconnected alert. Hopefully this also fixes the incident with my skimmer shutoff.

Glad you found a solution. I added a dedicated point, turned off 5ghz, and still couldn't solve the issues.

Apex and Sicce pumps are all connected to WiFi in the exact same spot and not a single drop yet. My system must have really hated the Hydros wifi for some reason

Chee-tomorpha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you found a solution. I added a dedicated point, turned off 5ghz, and still couldn't solve the issues.

Apex and Sicce pumps are all connected to WiFi in the exact same spot and not a single drop yet. My system must have really hated the Hydros wifi for some reason
I jinxed myself. I got home, looked through my email, and they are again. Not sure why the emails didn't sync to my cell, but I have two alert conditions for each X4 and X2 power strip sent yesterday and another for the X4 right before I got home. what the heck! Why would the one for the X4 disconnect? It's six feet away from the AP...

1660687696194.png

rizorido

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is less than 4 months old and keeps disconnecting from wifi. How do I get this power bar replaced at no cost? I don’t think I have to toss it only after 3-4 months!

strawberry_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine is less than 4 months old and keeps disconnecting from wifi. How do I get this power bar replaced at no cost? I don’t think I have to toss it only after 3-4 months!
I will say that CV is very helpful if you contact them directly. First, submit a ticket on their website. Likely it’s your internet, not the power strips themselves. But they can trouble shoot for you.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure there is no body of water between the power bar and your router. Water will block a wifi signal. Also make sure your router does not have the same name for both your 2.4ghz channel and the 5ghz channel. On some routers the wifi strips will connect at 5ghz and not be able to communicate with the controller on 2.4ghz. This will cause this issue. Another thing to check is the lights around the button on the wifi strip. If there is any blue when this is happening then the wifi strip is having an issue with the wifi signal.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back