Hydros Control 2 , Control 4 and accessories question and answer thread.

JJKK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know much about lighting, there will be allot announced coming up on that I would bet. The controller is in its infancy and a lot will be announced. I would bet they eventually have something for the Radion since they can control the Vortech wirelessly with the WaveEngine.

I do like my WaveEngine. But I would not consider the Vortech to be controlled wirelessly with the WaveEngine. It broadcast a signal to the Vortech controller and you tell the Vortech controller if it is in the back wall, side opposite or same side wall as your other pump that is controlled by the WaveEngine. I wish I can't turn on/off the Vortech from the Control app nor change the power output mode. I don't think I can do a feedmode and have the MP 40s go to zero either. Let me know if these are users error.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is really good info.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any beta testers out there who are running the Klir fleece roller on the hydros? How to you go about hooking it up and what accessories do you need to do it?
Thanks

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I buy just a 4 plug power strip and use BRS dosers on them for a nano/pico?

If I lose power does it remember the settings and return to normal once power is restored?

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any beta testers out there who are running the Klir fleece roller on the hydros? How to you go about hooking it up and what accessories do you need to do it?
Thanks

I am and it runs better.
There is a cable that was sent to me. I need to ask if it is available and if not when. It hooks up to a direct drive port.
You also need a sensor. Again it works great because you can move the sensor up and down. It also allows how long you can run the fleece for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks

The cables for the Klir should be up tomorrow.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks
By the way here are my setting for the Klir.

1604336783191.png

meinekebob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some of us are still waiting to get them in our hands. Dont worry, questions will come.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do like my WaveEngine. But I would not consider the Vortech to be controlled wirelessly with the WaveEngine. It broadcast a signal to the Vortech controller and you tell the Vortech controller if it is in the back wall, side opposite or same side wall as your other pump that is controlled by the WaveEngine. I wish I can't turn on/off the Vortech from the Control app nor change the power output mode. I don't think I can do a feedmode and have the MP 40s go to zero either. Let me know if these are users error.
They do go into feed mode and I programmed a maintenance mode (which is essentially water change mode) that shuts them off. I also programmed a detritus/hurricane setting that's triggered from my apex, so you can shut them off, rum different flow settings, etc.....
But I do agree that there should be independent control of just the vortechs, but that's why there are different groups.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still wait for it to arrive in my LFS. LFS told me it was shipped to them last monday, still on the way ...

dumpysauce

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a breakout box with things with bare wires plugged into it. Does the Hydros offer this? I am having trouble seeing something similar on their website.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use a breakout box with things with bare wires plugged into it. Does the Hydros offer this? I am having trouble seeing something similar on their website.

I do not believe there is one yet but I would think they are working on one. I have seen others make their own they would not be hard to do.

Again it is new there is allot to come.

We do not work for Coralvue we are just beta testers for the Controller. Some test certain things out and other do not. Sometimes it depends on our specialty, what equipment we own, etc.. I tested the Klir connection because I had one, @TheHarold tested out the Alkatronics etc. Some peoples specialty is electronics, some are IT, some are experience reefers. There is a really diverse crowd of testers and see why some are picked.

They have stuff coming we have not tested yet or even know about. Sometimes we are testing stuff and NDA does not let us talk about them which is understandable.

@Jeff@CoralVue any idea on a break out box?

Last edited:

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably referring to the 0-10v breakout on my setup. It gives access to the 4 0-10v channels as well as the 5v power.

3C1142E0-D9C1-4312-AB7C-69863D3B54BD.jpg

Last edited:

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they go to switch inputs you can use the 0-10v inputs on the Control 4 to hook them to. Those are like DIY type inputs. I plan on using them for water level for my storage tanks. I had planed on using float switches but may try to build a pressure sensor interface to get a actual water level instead of just full and empty. You can hook more than one switch to a input using a resistor ladder but only one switch will register at a time so you would have to keep that in mind as to where on the ladder the switch is hooked. I would imagine that they may come out with something in the future to make it easier for someone that does not have the skills to make their own. If not there will be other users that can probably help with that as the base of users grows. Those 0-10v inputs have 3 different modes push button switch, float switch and the analog 0-10v. all have different configurations You can setup.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back