• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

HYDROS Feature Request Contest - For Today's Livestream @ 4pm Central

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Tds monitor for rodi that plugs into 1/4" tee valves like the std ones we all use. Ability to know when filters need changing because of rise in tds would be amazing and something no one has. That would make a control 2/4 perfect for water station monitoring and automation!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Tds monitor for rodi that plugs into 1/4" tee valves like the std ones we all use. Ability to know when filters need changing because of rise in tds would be amazing and something no one has. That would make a control 2/4 perfect for water station monitoring and automation!

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It would be fun to collaborate on that with @Maxspect!

I have been pushing for the Duo and Jump stuff.. The jump stuff looks so good for someone like me with so many tanks and sumps but I need my WE because of how many cords it removes for me so stuff needs to be on the WE. Right now the Control probably takes precedence though.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Can you share more details on what better means? This might be enough to get many of us to convert!
Well, for starters, the Alkatronic works wirelessly with HYDROS. Control queries Alkatronic Cloud to retrieve test results and display them in HYDROS. View data in a chart or graph for visual clues into issues or trends. Since the magic all happens wirelessly, you don't have to mess with Alkatronic's pH probe and the HYDROS pH port is left unoccupied so it can be used for other jobs. A bunch of our beta testers use the Alkatronic and/or Dosetronic. We seriously consider every idea they generously provide and collaborate with Focustronic to bring you the richest experience possible. We are eager to work with Eric and Jonas to integrate every Focustronic product they come out with. Both companies benefit from the value the other brings to the relationship. More importantly, so will reef hobbyists, businesses, educational institutions, and research labs.

Last edited:
OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
curious as well, this is what I need.
hydros smart plug.png

The Smart Plugs are still available as an accessory, but we had to drop them from the Starter Kit because the price of the pH probe increased quite a bit. We quickly realized during beta testing that the more affordable pH probes we had planned to use were not up to our standards. We knew we had to do something. We had already consulted with an expert in the field to introduce "digital galvanic isolation" and other software sorcery into HYDROS, so we wouldn't be able brag about the ultra-low input bias current, very high common-mode rejection, and analog filtering if we didn't get a better probe... and fast. Who's our pH probe partner? That would be American Marine Pinpoint, a well-known and well-respect brand in and outside the reef hobby . You can geek out on this subject by reading this whitepaper written by Don Edvalson, chief engineer on the HYDROS project.

Last edited:

Would you be shocked by today's reefing hobby if you had just returned after a long period of time?

• Yes (tell us why in the thread)

Votes: 180 52.8%
  • No

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 97 28.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors