• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

HYDROS Feature Request Contest - For Today's Livestream @ 4pm Central

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
PH, alk, and sal monitoring. Plus real time monitoring is a must! But a affordable dosing pump would be awesome!
  1. Done
  2. Done (wirelessly communicates with Focustronic)
  3. We feel hobby-grade salinity probes are unreliable. Visit the Apex forum here for evidence of that. We are exploring alternative methods of measurement. However, if HYDROS users demand it, we can add a port on a future HYDROS product to plug-in a standard salinity probe.
  4. We like the sound of that!
Of course the holy grail, alkalinity, Phosphate, Nitrate, mag, and calcium monitoring!

All possible. Some sooner than later.
Salinity probe
Noted!

Alexa /smart device integration (Ok google, turn in feed mode) would be awesome.

Some way to transmit wifi is out. (Perhaps a bluetooth message so if your phone is nearby you'll see that)
  1. It's been on the product roadmap from the beginning. Which first: Google or Alexa?
  2. A HYDROS device doesn't need to be online or even plugged in for notifications to be sent. HYDROS cloud is constantly checking on the status of your HYDROS devices. If it detects something wrong, it's going to alert you via text or email (push notifications will be available in 2021).
Alk monitoring and dosing control
  1. Available at launch using the Alkatronic
  2. That dose does sound like a smart idea! ;) How many heads? For dosing and/or AWC?
connection for control of a Dastaco or other automated ca reactor
I added this to our project management tool to find out about. Just because I don't know about it doesn't mean it's not already in development. Thank you for the suggestion.

Dosing pump control
I'm seeing a trend here!

add a smart scale to monitor your CO2 tank level.
We can do that. :)

Dosing pump program/control
Popular choice! What would you dose?

Looking forward to this controller.
Leak detector would be great.
PH monitor and tracking would be cool for my tank too. Interested to see day and night trends.
All available at launch October 31.

Definitely alk monitoring
Available at launch using the Alkatronic by Focustronic.

Alkalinity monitoring !!
Done! What else do you monitor closely?

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello @[email protected],
During the live stream Carlos had a device setup as Sense4. Do you know if that was just another Control4 he had setup with that name or are they going to release a lower cost option to expand the sense ports.
Thanks,
The latter.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. Done
  2. Done (wirelessly communicates with Focustronic)
  3. We feel hobby-grade salinity probes are unreliable. Visit the Apex forum here for evidence of that. We are exploring alternative methods of measurement. However, if HYDROS users demand it, we can add a port on a future HYDROS product to plug-in a standard salinity probe.
  4. We like the sound of that!

Noted!

1. It's been on the product roadmap from the beginning. Which first: Google or Alexa?
  2. A HYDROS device doesn't need to be online or even plugged in for notifications to be sent. HYDROS cloud is constantly checking on the status of your HYDROS devices. If it detects something wrong, it's going to alert you via text or email (push notifications will be available in 2021).

1. Available at launch using the Alkatronic
  2. That dose does sound like a smart idea! ;) How many heads? For dosing and/or AWC?

I added this to our project management tool to find out about. Just because I don't know about it doesn't mean it's not already in development. Thank you for the suggestion.

I'm seeing a trend here!

We can do that. :)

Popular choice! What would you dose?

All available at launch October 31.

Available at launch using the Alkatronic by Focustronic.

Done! What else do you monitor closely?
Calcium and Mag

mzaslove

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm SO excited about this. I was stuck choosing between the other 2 name brand controllers, not completely happy with either. This does EVERYTHING I want (and will add more things), especially since I'm going Focustronic (I swear, I am going crazy with just adding "tronic" to the end of everything. What's next: Chillertronic? ATOtronic? Magnetronic? :)). Also, simplicity itself to set up, and y'all have thought of pretty much EVERYTHING in the template realm. So easy. And you've built things to be waterproof (thanks!). And reasonably priced! So cool!

(And I'm not just brownnosing to win the giveaway either!)

n2585722

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Digital galvanic isolation!!
I am not sure if anyone has answered this yet. That refers to the fact that the port signal is a digital signal once it is transfered through the optical couplers. This removes any variance from the isolation devices in the readings. This lends for a more accurate reading. Hope this helps explain the difference.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
I can’t wait to buy this!

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score

Where do we find out what the bonus entry opportunities are? Will they show on the page linked above?

spschiebel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score

Anyone else having issues with entering the sweepstakes? Entries are not being counted.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with entering the sweepstakes? Entries are not being counted.
Everything appears fine on the admin side. Email me from the address you entered with and I'll be happy to take a look: [email protected]

Fish E

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Well, for starters, the Alkatronic works wirelessly with HYDROS. Control queries Alkatronic Cloud to retrieve test results and display them in HYDROS. View data in a chart or graph for visual clues into issues or trends.
Is this data available historically and how far back?

DeeFromBrooklyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
HYDROS Feature Request Contest 1.png

Tune into our livestream event today at 4pm Central on Facebook or YouTube to find out how to enter this contest.

I'd like to finally find a controller that can control devices on multiple tanks which run via WIFI. I have to get away from long cables

Tune into our livestream event today at 4pm Central on Facebook or YouTube to find out how to enter this contest.

Yesterday's teaser:

Today's livestream:

Control Wi-Fi devices across multiple tanks. Start eliminating wires

Yesterday's teaser:

Today's livestream:

I finally want a controller that can manage multiple WIFI based devices across multiple tanks. Let's eliminate long wire runs

Would you be shocked by today's reefing hobby if you had just returned after a long period of time?

• Yes (tell us why in the thread)

Votes: 180 52.8%
  • No

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 97 28.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors