Hydros Owners: how happy are you long term?

Redemptioner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s funny is, even if the app showed data continuously without having to refresh, testing with those devices doesn’t happen continuously. You would only see new data with a new test, and those values don’t fluctuate enough to mean anything significant. So watching the app continuously for test results is pointless.
Sorry, must of missed you, at least you admit now the app needs constant refreshes.....

1681957019285.png

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, must of missed you, at least you admit now the app needs constant refreshes.....

1681957019285.png
Not sure I follow. 5 minutes refreshes and live for a few minutes works just fine. Care to explain the watering can? I don’t get the message, but if you are insulting me for some odd reason, I’d love to know so I can get you tossed from this forum too.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never attacked you, but I get the sense you’re insulting me and that’s not okay. I don’t get the watering can reference. I asked you to explain, you won’t. Instead of posting your thoughts and experience once you jumped on multiple threads to share your thoughts that don’t make any sense to me. If you’re so dissatisfied, why still use it?

But again, what’s the meaning of the watering can?

Last edited by a moderator:

Redemptioner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never attacked you, but I get the sense you’re insulting me and that’s not okay. I don’t get the watering can reference. I asked you to explain, you won’t. Instead of posting your thoughts and experience once you jumped on multiple threads to share your thoughts that don’t make any sense to me. If you’re so dissatisfied, why still use it?

But again, what’s the meaning of the watering can?

Hydros Owners: how happy are you long term?​

Please direct questions to the thread description please, if you were here in earnest and had read the posts then you would know why I am using it.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hydros Owners: how happy are you long term?​

Please direct questions to the thread description please, if you were here in earnest and had read the posts then you would know why I am using it.
Yeah you’re using it because of Focustronic, I read everything. You’re just not happy the app is constantly live, I’m just not sure what your comment about me on the other thread implies when I’ve had no interaction with you ever… you voiced your displeasure here, and then went to another thread that had nothing to do with this thread question and posted your displeasure. And you still won’t explain the watering can reference, but deflect back to the thread.

I would like to know what this means…
CC532941-A70A-4536-A242-141F7AE4068B.png

thom_smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now it's all coming together. You have had a negative experience. That's ok. It happens. Just say so and accurately represent it as your opinion and your experience. Instead you go about characterizing the whole company and product line as faulty making unsubstantiated claims of rampant excessive warranty claims and DOA hardware.

I remember you from the Hydros forum. You voiced your concern over a potentially legitimate grievance and just wanted to gripe about it not actually discuss resolutions. A few posts later you made desparaging remarks about another member and were soon gone. Were you banished because you posted your negative experiences or because you couldn't act in a civilized manner? Be truthful now... Are you upset you were banished, now have an axe to grind and decided to dig up dormant Hydros threads tonight? Upset because we see your motivations and don't accept your nonsense at face value? Accusing those who question your statements of "attacking" you? Woe is me!!

If you're that unhappy, say good riddence!! Sell Hydros and go out and get an Apex, eCoral or GHL. Take a chill...

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Port failures on multiple devices (DOA's), rapid constant on/offs etc, not user related.

Why is Apex logic more powerful, well for a start you can do a whole bunch of things at one (IF/ELSE/AND/OR/NOT/NULL/</>/=/.....), yes it moves through the logic in one way (like most basic logic coding), but it allows nesting in the logic as well as time evens and a whole raft of data calls that the hydros can only dream about like calling on another existing logic script. Yes this complexity can bring errors to newbies but there is hardly much effort to learn this basic scripting (or just copy it from online).

And did I mention you can't have a continuous display of tank parameters.....?

I don't know why anyone would want a continuous display. I use an iPad and close the app when done. I did the same thing on my Archon. As far as complex I have my Hydros control some ornamental lighting for my wife but I also use it to display alert status on the tank. The lights can be all off or all on at the scheduled time unless there is an active alert. Then only a subset of the lighting is on depending on if the alert is yellow, orange or red. The first photo of the lights is with them all off. The second one is all on. Those two everything is normal. The third one is when there is a yellow alert active. The forth one is when an orange alert is present. The fifth one is when a red alert is active. So if I am in the living room and an alert happens I will know by the lights surrounding the TV set. The tank is in another room and cannot be seen from the living room where we spend most of the time. That is a fairly complex thing to give lights a dual purpose.

IMG_8541.jpeg

IMG_8540.jpeg

IMG_8542.jpeg

IMG_8544.jpeg
IMG_8545.jpeg

Saltysav96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have recently purchased a x4 pro pack within the past month to replace my GHL. so far the hydros has been great. the app is 100x better then the GHL app. and everything ive programmed has been pretty simple so far. i even ordered more hydros gear and waiting on it to come in.

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It still sounds like unsubstantiated claims from a disgruntled customer. Where's your data? It's ok if you're personally dis-satisfied. Just say so. Hydros isn't for everyone. Some people don't like it. Others are unlucky with hardware. But don't make broad generalizations about the company or quality and expect us all to accept as gospel becuase you say so. Give me something factual.
I bought a X4/XP8 last weekend at a show. The X4 was DOA out of the box. Constantly rebooted. CV swapped it for another unit (I work down the street). The unit they gave me looks used (it has round scratches around the ports). Didn’t like that. Not a great start. However, I really like the app so far.

I had a full Profilux system before and I absolutely HATED using it. You think Hydros app is bad? Man you have no idea how bad GHL is. Upgrading a Profilux makes me cry. The GHL community is a bunch of defensive fan boys. You think CV support is bad? You’ve never opened a GHL ticket then. My last one took over a month to resolve. GHL is not fun to deal with.

I’ve owned GHL, lots of Neptune since the 90s, some RK, and Hydros. NONE of them are perfect. I’d say the best controllers were the old Neptunes. They didn’t do as much but they were built like tanks. Things have never been the same since they got bought out.

Also, I saw some of Hydros new products at the show (Kraken, IV, X10) and they seemed pretty cool. Hopefully they continue to improve the software as well.

thom_smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought a X4/XP8 last weekend at a show. The X4 was DOA out of the box. Constantly rebooted. CV swapped it for another unit (I work down the street). The unit they gave me looks used (it has round scratches around the ports). Didn’t like that. Not a great start. However, I really like the app so far.

I had a full Profilux system before and I absolutely HATED using it. You think Hydros app is bad? Man you have no idea how bad GHL is. Upgrading a Profilux makes me cry. The GHL community is a bunch of defensive fan boys. You think CV support is bad? You’ve never opened a GHL ticket then. My last one took over a month to resolve. GHL is not fun to deal with.

I’ve owned GHL, lots of Neptune since the 90s, some RK, and Hydros. NONE of them are perfect. I’d say the best controllers were the old Neptunes. They didn’t do as much but they were built like tanks. Things have never been the same since they got bought out.

Also, I saw some of Hydros new products at the show (Kraken, IV, X10) and they seemed pretty cool. Hopefully they continue to improve the software as well.

There's a history. Situation is different. We haven't seen you in multiple places spouting off how the product sucks and not playing nicely with other members. Think it is safe to say here, other Hydros groups or anywhere for that matter, if you're civil and respectful describing your negative experience people are likely to accept it even if it's unlike their own. Arrogant, crude and demeaning is met with questions and doubt.

I respect your experience and believe you may have had a faulty control. Based on your brief description of the symptoms it actually may have been as simple as a SD card not seated properly and relatively easily resolved. Then again it could have been faulty hardware. Whatever the case, it is fair to expect a product straight out of the box to function properly and RMA that which doesn't. As for condition of the RMA, I honestly don't know if you're getting a new or refurbished unit. But, again, not unreasonable to expect new for new. My employer is a manufacturer of IT equipment and I know in our case both the demo pool and RMA inventory are more often than not refurbished. Refurbished typically appears and functions like new. But I completely understand how things below standards can and likely do slip through.

Even given a bit of a rocky start, I believe you'll be pleased with your Hydros decision. I sometimes get a peek behind Oz' curtain and without divulging too much can say they are always looking forward to and working on the next big thing.

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%

Back