Hydros Owners: how happy are you long term?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Hydros Wave engine LE went offline 2 times in a month without any reason.
What were the lights doing when it was offline? If breathing red then the controller cannot connect to wifi. If breathing yellow or green for some it is no internet connection. The app will not work without a internet connection. If you have a phone you can turn off wifi and get the app up and select bluetooth and get the controller. It will let you turn output to either off, auto or on only in bluetooth mode.

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got home last night, plugged my halide back in so it could run for a few hours, and when I came back down to turn it off, the plug had turned off and was working normally again...

CV is unsure what happened but said to still replace it with the brand new one they sent and they are going inspect my current XP8 to see if anything was damaged.
That’s good they are standing behind it, I’ll post (and call them) if it happens to me again

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What were the lights doing when it was offline? If breathing red then the controller cannot connect to wifi. If breathing yellow or green for some it is no internet connection. The app will not work without a internet connection. If you have a phone you can turn off wifi and get the app up and select bluetooth and get the controller. It will let you turn output to either off, auto or on only in bluetooth mode.
It is breathing yellow. I unplugged the power adapter to cut the power to the controller and plug it back in. Then the controller go through the bootup and reconnect to the WIFI. I have a seperate 2.4 G wireless network setup for all the dosing pumps (7 of them), Apex and Hydros. Never has WIFI issue with the dosing pumps or Apex.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is breathing yellow. I unplugged the power adapter to cut the power to the controller and plug it back in. Then the controller go through the bootup and reconnect to the WIFI. I have a seperate 2.4 G wireless network setup for all the dosing pumps (7 of them), Apex and Hydros. Never has WIFI issue with the dosing pumps or Apex.
If you getting the color in the video in the link then the issue is not wifi. It is no connection to the cloud which is usually internet related. I get this all the time where I am. The internet drops out several times a day on us. This was taken when there was no internet for almost an hour.

F&S reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened to me again -relay stuck open on the XP8. I emailed coralvue, we'll see how they address it

Do you know what the draw of the ballast is for your light? I'd be interested to see if it's only the higher draw items that cause that.

I believe the individual rating per outlet on the XP8 is somewhere around 7a.

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know what the draw of the ballast is for your light? I'd be interested to see if it's only the higher draw items that cause that.

I believe the individual rating per outlet on the XP8 is somewhere around 7a.
Not sure but it should be pretty low, each outlet is a singular Kessil A160

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I have a stuck relay on my xp8 as well. Waiting for Coralvue to restock and send me a replacement:/ Hopefully this is not an ongoing issue.
I assume you tried a power down power back on reboot? What was on that outlet?

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I have a stuck relay on my xp8 as well. Waiting for Coralvue to restock and send me a replacement:/ Hopefully this is not an ongoing issue.
Sounds like they are using some defective relays, nobody has gotten back to me yet.

which outlet is giving you trouble? Mine is #2

Octocat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume you tried a power down power back on reboot? What was on that outlet?

Yes, I tried a restart already. The outlet controls a t5ho ballast (80w x 2), but I haven't been able to turn it off since the start. My guess is it was DOA.

Sounds like they are using some defective relays, nobody has gotten back to me yet.

which outlet is giving you trouble? Mine is #2

For me it's outlet #6.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I tried a restart already. The outlet controls a t5ho ballast (80w x 2), but I haven't been able to turn it off since the start. My guess is it was DOA.

For me it's outlet #6.
Does the LED for that outlet switch to green when on and blue when off? If so the control logic would appear to be working.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. The led light switches as expected.
Ok then there is an issue that needs to be addressed by CoralVue. I looked up the relay from a video of them showing the inside of the controller and that relay has a contact rating of 20 amps at 125 volts for 100000 cycles so it should not have an issue with any load on it. There are some other components that could also cause the same issue.

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m trying to set up 4 Tunze pumps through the 0-10V output on my X4 using the quad cable. Line 1 and 2 seem to be working fine but 3 and 4 are not. Any help would be appreciated

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydros collective broken, set x4 back to preferred yesterday. As of this morning I have no status. Messages are now saying the collective has been off too long. X4 is breathing blue. The XP8 was unplugged since it seems to have a power short somewhere. If the power cord was moved it would power on then off, finally nothing. I have put in a ticket for that one.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m trying to set up 4 Tunze pumps through the 0-10V output on my X4 using the quad cable. Line 1 and 2 seem to be working fine but 3 and 4 are not. Any help would be appreciated
Even if you try one at a time? To rule out pump or wiring issues, try swapping one of the pumps on 3 or 4 with one on 1 or 2. Make sure it's an issue with the Hydros and not the pump.

If you turn on ONLY 3 or 4, does it work on it's own? I'm only asking because IIRC, there's a limit to how many amps they, together, can pull.

Are all the pumps the same?

What pump or pumps are you using?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydros collective broken, set x4 back to preferred yesterday. As of this morning I have no status. Messages are now saying the collective has been off too long. X4 is breathing blue. The XP8 was unplugged since it seems to have a power short somewhere. If the power cord was moved it would power on then off, finally nothing. I have put in a ticket for that one.
How are you powering the X4 if the XP8 is not powered?

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you powering the X4 if the XP8 is not powered?
I used the power plug that came with the x4. Everything else was removed when I unplugged the xp8. It was working fine yesterday with info.

Back