HYDROS WaveEngine Launches November 12

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score

The CoralVue HYDROS WaveEngine officially launches at fine fish stores everywhere next Tuesday, November 12th!

We also just launched a new website for the HYDROS brand. We would LOVE it if you could check the site out and dig into the support pages. Let us know your thoughts!

We already have pages built for the HYDROS Control 2 and Control 4 and they look great, so we'll get those live soon. But the focus for now is the WaveEngine!

We put out a new WaveEngine video last Friday on our YouTube channel and Facebook. It is the first in a series (this is mostly an overview of the features & benefits), but we would be very appreciative if you watched it and left us a comment!

Stores are starting to get their WaveEngines, too⁠—check out this video Luke at @premiumaquatics dropped on Saturday:

If you're wondering if your pump is compatible with the WaveEngine, click here: https://www.coralvuehydros.com/is-my-pump-compatible/

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Awesome - thrilled to see Hydros products hitting the market! I look forward to seeing all of the creative new ways these products will be used!

*running to check out Hydros website*
We are, too! I'm sure we'll hear about a lot more pumps that can connect via 0-10v. I for one am looking forward to seeing pictures of all the clutter people will be able to get rid of, like this one from David, one of our beta testers:

WE-clutter.jpg

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
that pic alone makes me want one because with 3 radions, 2 mp40s and a gyre , too many power bricks and controllers that i dont want to see or have lol. Will this work with the new red sea gyre pumps? i guess thats a silly question since they havent even put out a release date, but maybe you guys know something i dont lol

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
that pic alone makes me want one because with 3 radions, 2 mp40s and a gyre , too many power bricks and controllers that i dont want to see or have lol. Will this work with the new red sea gyre pumps? i guess thats a silly question since they havent even put out a release date, but maybe you guys know something i dont lol
Unfortunately not all pumps can be directly connected. You can see a current list of pumps that can be directly connected and powered by the WaveEngine here. Your Gyre can; the VorTechs will still require their power bricks and drivers but can be wirelessly controlled by the WaveEngine so you your Gyre and VorTechs can work together and be controlled from a single app.

We haven't seen the Red Sea Reef Wave up close yet, but it is possible we could make a Direct Drive cable for it or even use one of our current cables. We'll just have to see what the connectors look like. Or if there is a 0-10V port they could be controlled by the WaveEngine that way.

If you see any pictures out there showing the connectors on the end of their pump cables, we'd be happy to take a look!

EDIT: I reached out to Red Sea today to see if they would be interested in having us make a Direct Drive cable, so we'll see what they say!

Last edited:

GQuinn

View Badges
Reaction score
When using the Reef Octopus Octo Pulse 4, how low can you set the flow? Is it better than the standard controller?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
When using the Reef Octopus Octo Pulse 4, how low can you set the flow? Is it better than the standard controller?
The lowest % you can set the Octo Pulse 4 on the WaveEngine is 15%, which is the same as the native controller. Anything less than that may impact the reliability of the pump's operation. In terms of control, you'll be able to do a lot more with the HYDROS app than you can with the standard controller, like flow patterns in schedules with pumps from other brands. :)

Last edited:
OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
What's the price on this thing
The standard model is $299.99. The WaveEngine with EcoTech Marine wireless control is $349.99.

Devaji

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

The CoralVue HYDROS WaveEngine officially launches at fine fish stores everywhere next Tuesday, November 12th!

We also just launched a new website for the HYDROS brand. We would LOVE it if you could check the site out and dig into the support pages. Let us know your thoughts!

We already have pages built for the HYDROS Control 2 and Control 4 and they look great, so we'll get those live soon. But the focus for now is the WaveEngine!

We put out a new WaveEngine video last Friday on our YouTube channel and Facebook. It is the first in a series (this is mostly an overview of the features & benefits), but we would be very appreciative if you watched it and left us a comment!

Stores are starting to get their WaveEngines, too⁠—check out this video Luke at @premiumaquatics dropped on Saturday:

If you're wondering if your pump is compatible with the WaveEngine, click here: https://www.coralvuehydros.com/is-my-pump-compatible/
Jeff I am also excited to see the Hydros coming to the market. I just got a new tank for a seahorse build! so I am looking forward to the controller when it comes out Q1 of next year. might be what I am looking for.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Jeff I am also excited to see the Hydros coming to the market. I just got a new tank for a seahorse build! so I am looking forward to the controller when it comes out Q1 of next year. might be what I am looking for.
Thank you for your kind words and support! We hope you'll choose HYDROS when the time comes!

I can’t wait for this!
I want to see a WaveEngine on that awesome tank of yours!

shred5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We are, too! I'm sure we'll hear about a lot more pumps that can connect via 0-10v. I for one am looking forward to seeing pictures of all the clutter people will be able to get rid of, like this one from David, one of our beta testers:

WE-clutter.jpg
I recognize that picture.
Those are mine...

Still working great for a beta unit too...
I now need 2 more.. One for my upstairs tank to run my main pump and two gyres.
Another for my second section of my aquaculture system...

The best part is how easy it is to combine multiple pumps to work together.

Last edited:

shred5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm typically not an early adopter, but I may bend my own rules on this one. Now to decide if I want to pair it with Gyres or Octo Pulse...

Actually the Icecap gyres are cheaper and work great the the WaveEngine.
I have not tried a Octopulse with it yet but I want to.. I wish I could report on that..
I am thinking of two gyres on the sides of my 120 and a Octopulse on the back.

Is Reef Conservation/Stewardship a factor in your hobby decisions? (private poll)

• Very Important

Votes: 204 54.4%
  • Somewhat Imporatant

Votes: 124 33.1%
  • Not Too Important

Votes: 34 9.1%
  • Not Important At All

Votes: 13 3.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
CWT Aquatics - Acrylic Sumps, Tanks, and More!