OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

I run through walls
View Badges
Reaction score
I recognize that picture.
Those are mine...

Still working great for a beta unit too...
I now need 2 more.. One for my upstairs tank to run my main pump and two gyres.
Another for my second section of my aquaculture system...

The best part is how easy it is to combine multiple pumps to work together.
Two more? We like what we're hearing! ;)

I'm typically not an early adopter, but I may bend my own rules on this one. Now to decide if I want to pair it with Gyres or Octo Pulse...
We would be absolutely tickled if you supported HYDROS with the launch of the WaveEngine on Tuesday. I am sure retailers who've taken a chance on us would appreciate it as well.

Actually the Icecap gyres are cheaper and work great the the WaveEngine.
I have not tried a Octopulse with it yet but I want to.. I wish I could report on that..
I am thinking of two gyres on the sides of my 120 and a Octopulse on the back.
Sounds like a great combo and the WaveEngine can power all those pumps!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Any chance of a Black Friday sale? Looking at some of the online sites, lots of sales but none for the wave engine.
Anything is possible, but with the WaveEngine being so new I don't expect it. It is an amazing product though - I saw it at MACNA and have been tracking it every since! Maybe @[email protected] will chime in soon with a more definitive response.

Kyl

Money money money money money money money
View Badges
Reaction score
They've already stated it won't be on any MAP sales since it's a brand new release.

Nope, too new! About the only things we offer that won't be discounted for Black Friday are the WaveEngines and the new IceCap Gyre 2K and 4K. I'm pretty sure everything else will be on sale, though.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

I run through walls
View Badges
Reaction score
Any chance of a Black Friday sale? Looking at some of the online sites, lots of sales but none for the wave engine.
Ready to pounce. How about a special Black Friday 10% off? That will cover all the cable adapters that i would need to buy!
Sorry, guys! Not this year! But many of the compatible pumps are on sale! ;Shamefullyembarrased

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

I run through walls
View Badges
Reaction score
Any way to hook up Kessil 360s to the 0-10v? Or is there a light (as in led/t5) version coming with the controller?
The WaveEngine is just for pumps, but you could connect your lights via 0-10V to our aquarium controller, the Control 4, which is set for release in Q1 next year.

The next light coming out from CoralVue is the Philips CoralCare (LED).

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The WaveEngine is just for pumps, but you could connect your lights via 0-10V to our aquarium controller, the Control 4, which is set for release in Q1 next year.

What’s the general ETA for the coral care?

WWIII

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

I gotcha. Thanks!

Oh man I can’t wait for the coralcare to arrive. I have some Frag tanks in the basement waiting on lights and the coralcare’s are a good possibility!

Appreciate the info!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

I run through walls
View Badges
Reaction score
I gotcha. Thanks!

Oh man I can’t wait for the coralcare to arrive. I have some Frag tanks in the basement waiting on lights and the coralcare’s are a good possibility!

Appreciate the info!
Happy to help! I am planning to get both the HYDROS Control 4 and Philips CoralCare myself.

WWIII

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Well I took the plunge on a wave engine! Absolutely love it so far and now I can buy pumps only for my growout tanks! No wonder maxspect has been having a sale on their controller/pump combo packages. Lol. Seriously though, the wave engine is so well designed and thought out! The app is so easy to setup and the user interface is beautiful!

Only question I have right now is when will we hear or see something on a battery backup!?

Coralvue must have somebody that really knows what they’re doing working on the hydros lineup! Great job!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

I run through walls
View Badges
Reaction score
Well I took the plunge on a wave engine! Absolutely love it so far and now I can buy pumps only for my growout tanks! No wonder maxspect has been having a sale on their controller/pump combo packages. Lol. Seriously though, the wave engine is so well designed and thought out! The app is so easy to setup and the user interface is beautiful!

Only question I have right now is when will we hear or see something on a battery backup!?

Coralvue must have somebody that really knows what they’re doing working on the hydros lineup! Great job!
Thank you so much for supporting the HYDROS line. We'd love to share a picture of your WaveEngine on social media if you'll share one with us! Feel free to email me at [email protected].

In terms of the battery backup, we aren't far too far off. We are getting samples very soon!

WWIII

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sounds good to me! A battery backup will be a really nice feature!

Let me get a better pic and I’d be happy to email it to you. I haven’t even removed my old controller and power supply yet. Haha So nice now I will be able to snag a couple more pumps only for the tank next to this one! As you can see my cable/controller/power brick situation is a bit out of hand currently.

59D0C5C1-286F-4615-A394-A99054AE18CD.jpeg

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

I run through walls
View Badges
Reaction score
Sounds good to me! A battery backup will be a really nice feature!

Let me get a better pic and I’d be happy to email it to you. I haven’t even removed my old controller and power supply yet. Haha So nice now I will be able to snag a couple more pumps only for the tank next to this one! As you can see my cable/controller/power brick situation is a bit out of hand currently.

59D0C5C1-286F-4615-A394-A99054AE18CD.jpeg
The WaveEngine was made for YOU! :D

WWIII

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The WaveEngine was made for YOU! :D
You ain’t kidding! I have 2 gyres and 2 tunze on my display upstairs as well. Can’t easily get to the controllers for those so will need one up there too. The app is great and makes changes/feed/accessibility easy!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

I run through walls
View Badges
Reaction score
You ain’t kidding! I have 2 gyres and 2 tunze on my display upstairs as well. Can’t easily get to the controllers for those so will need one up there too. The app is great and makes changes/feed/accessibility easy!
Music to our ears!

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions on the ETM model how many Vortechs can be hooked up wirelessly? And if I have two MP 60s hooked up to the wave engine wirelessly can I still hook up four Maxspect pumps to the wave with the vortechs or with the vortechs ( two MP60’s can I run two Reef Octopus Octo Pulse 4? So basically my question is can you run more than four pumps at a time on these wave engines or is for the max no matter how you mix and match the pumps on the various inputs?

Have you accomplished something in reefing that someone else said wouldn't work?

• Yes and it was... (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 90 76.9%
  • I tried but they were right....(tell us in the thread)

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • I didn't try it...(what was it?)

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • Other (please explain in thread)

Votes: 6 5.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors