HYDROS WaveEngine Launches November 12

shred5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions on the ETM model how many Vortechs can be hooked up wirelessly? And if I have two MP 60s hooked up to the wave engine wirelessly can I still hook up four Maxspect pumps to the wave with the vortechs or with the vortechs ( two MP60’s can I run two Reef Octopus Octo Pulse 4? So basically my question is can you run more than four pumps at a time on these wave engines or is for the max no matter how you mix and match the pumps on the various inputs?
I was running 6 pumps on mine at one time. Four were hooked up direct and two were running 0-10v. 0-10v has a max of four because that is how the cables are made.

Basically it can control more than four but only power four directly from the unit.
You can directly connect up to four (4) pumps using the Direct Drive ports.

You can also connect up to four (4) pumps to the 0-10V port by using a single HYDROS Quad Cable.

You can actually control an unlimited amount of VorTech “W” model pumps wirelessly.

In short, you can connect up to 8 pumps with cords and as many pumps as you want wirelessly!

Last edited:
OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

I run through walls
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions on the ETM model how many Vortechs can be hooked up wirelessly? And if I have two MP 60s hooked up to the wave engine wirelessly can I still hook up four Maxspect pumps to the wave with the vortechs or with the vortechs ( two MP60’s can I run two Reef Octopus Octo Pulse 4? So basically my question is can you run more than four pumps at a time on these wave engines or is for the max no matter how you mix and match the pumps on the various inputs?
Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been out sick the past couple of days.

You can control as many VorTech pumps as you want wirelessly with the WaveEngine.

To answer your bigger question, yes, you can control more than four pumps at a time with the WaveEngine.

You can control 4 pumps via Direct Drive, which means the WaveEngine will control AND power them. This is one of the biggest benefits of using the WaveEngine: cord/controller consolidation and clutter reduction.

You can control another 4 pumps via 0-10V using a single Quad Cable. This is what some of our staff does to control their return and skimmer pumps.

And then, as mentioned above, you can control as many VorTech pumps as you like. So, long story short, you can control a lot of pumps! We don't call it a WaveEngine for nuthin'! ;)

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@[email protected] Is there a shortage of XF150/250 adapters currently?
these?

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

I run through walls
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm asking if it's from CV's end, as I'm in Canadaland and the vendor didn't receive any on their order.
Sorry about that, I looked up the stock that day and never came back. We have 792 of that specific adapter in stock.

Kyl

Money money money money money money money
View Badges
Reaction score
I'll follow up with the vendor up here and see if they can try getting them again. Thanks Jeff, just wasn't sure that maybe with things going on those "old" connectors may have been impacted.

And yes I'd buy one directly, or from a US vendor if my only choice, but I'd rather deal in-country for a few reasons. I'm sure shipping would probably end up being twice the cost of the adapter given how things are, as an example.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

I run through walls
View Badges
Reaction score
I'll follow up with the vendor up here and see if they can try getting them again. Thanks Jeff, just wasn't sure that maybe with things going on those "old" connectors may have been impacted.

And yes I'd buy one directly, or from a US vendor if my only choice, but I'd rather deal in-country for a few reasons. I'm sure shipping would probably end up being twice the cost of the adapter given how things are, as an example.
We always like to steer customers to our retail partners. Then they would have the opportunity to shine by offering additional products, services, and support, to hopefully win your business beyond this single transaction. Buying from us makes us happy too, because we've solved your problem, but in doing so we miss the chance to help cultivate a network of thriving fish stores. The Internet, online aquarium supply stores, and live good dealers have undoubtedly grown the hobby. That trend will continue. They reach a wide audience and help customers succeed by offering helpful content and support. You can keep a reef tank pretty much anywhere now, even out in the middle of nowhere!

I know it isn't an option for eveyone, but your first thought of where to shop should be local. When I was a kid, there where several local fish stores nearby. My parents would always let me go explore the store when they we went to get groceries or rent a video. Now there is one. Big retail chains were the first wave that forced many small businesses to close in my community and others. The rise of online shopping is the next wave threatening Mom & Pop shops, and the Coronavirus situation is not doing them any favors.

I am an optimist. I think this "Shop Local, Buy Local" trend is going to really catch on, not just for things like produce, but for all businesses. Google, Facebook, and other companies with deep pockets and insights wouldn't be dedicating so much capital and human resources to create tools for them if they didn't believe it, too. Anybody can create an online store now, which levels the playing field. One unexpected benefit of the Coronavirus is that it's forced our brick and mortar partners to create new ways to serve customers. Like accepting phone orders, taking mobile payments, and offering curbside pickup or home delivery.

Our role as a distributor is to serve the stores, but we are here if you need us. Our shopping cart is quoting me around $35 shipping for the $10 cable. If you can't source it locally, get back to me and I'll see if that's the best we can do.

Last edited:

How many ways are you filtering (natural & mechanical) your aquarium?

• 0 (I think it's possible)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - 2 ways

Votes: 32 20.6%
  • 3 - 4 ways

Votes: 77 49.7%
  • 5 - 6 ways

Votes: 40 25.8%
  • 7 - 8 ways

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • 9 - 10 ways

Votes: 0 0.0%