Hydros will not connect to Wifi Power Strip *HELP*

newfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very frustrating trying to pair the Control2 with Wifi Strip.

Follow the instruction to the dot, and yet i cannot connect the Wifi Strip to the Control2.

Unplug power strip
Add New Wifi Device on the app
Plug in power strip
Press power button to get LED blinking (<1s blink)
Press 'continue' on app
>> Pairing Fail<<

I just email support, hopefully they will response.

Anyone the same issue and have any suggestion how to resolved this?

IMG_1358.jpg IMG_1359.PNG IMG_1360.PNG

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
N

newfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully you have received a response from CoralVue support, but if not please let us know.

@Carlos@CoralVue @reefiniteasy #CoralVue

I got it to work eventually. Not sure what was the issue, but i had to reboot my router, reset Control2 wifi settings and unplug the powerhead that i had connected to the wifi strip.

There is NO response from CoralVue support. This is very disappointing.

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Do you have a mesh network? Is your WiFi router putting out one SSID for both 2.4 and 5GHz bands? If so, that is the issue. If you split the bands (recommended for wireless networking), you will have no issues pairing the strip.

In terms of support, did you submit a ticket at https://support.coralvue.com? If not, you can also send an email to [email protected], and we will be happy to help you. Unfortunately, I cannot check your ticket history as I do not have your email address.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got it to work eventually. Not sure what was the issue, but i had to reboot my router, reset Control2 wifi settings and unplug the powerhead that i had connected to the wifi strip.

In addition to reaching out to CoralVue support (which I have typically found to be very helpful), you may also want to check out their facebook group which I has helped me with questions about my Hydros controller and related accessories:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/coralvuehydroscommunity

OP
OP
N

newfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My bad. I got a response but it went to my spam folder.

OP
OP
N

newfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do you have a mesh network? Is your WiFi router putting out one SSID for both 2.4 and 5GHz bands? If so, that is the issue. If you split the bands (recommended for wireless networking), you will have no issues pairing the strip.

In terms of support, did you submit a ticket at https://support.coralvue.com? If not, you can also send an email to [email protected], and we will be happy to help you. Unfortunately, I cannot check your ticket history as I do not have your email address.

Thanks Carlos. I got the connectiong working now. Thanks.

as for support, you responded but your email went to my spam folder. ITs my fault.

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i am also having trouble connecting my 4 plug power strip nothing works

jerseyshark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issues as described. Pulled my hair out and I tried all the things Coralvue suggested plus more and I had NO luck.

I'm running a wireless EERO mesh and my issue ended up getting resolved after upgrading my EERO to the latest OS.

Huynhter_Soldier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought a hydros 2nd hand and it was all working at his house and when I set it up at mine the power strip would fail as well. Eventually I bought a new wifi strip and it connected within seconds. I retried the original strip and that's when it started to say linker idle. From my communication with hydro they basically said its dead and go buy a new one. Done

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back