Hypo in fowlr

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

right now have a 180 fowlr. Tank has been running for about 3 months now. All fish have had two rounds of prazipro, 7 days apart (marine calculator for flukes said day 7 or 8 based on temp/salinity)

I do not believe that took care of them, and no sense blasting them with more expensive prazi if they are resistant and it didn’t work the first two times.

The tank has zero inverts, no corals, no algae at all (only run a light a few hours a day) no sponges etc.

I am at 1.023 now, if I go down to 14-15 pot for flukes, for a week, what precautions should I take other than dropping and raising sg slowly?

I know some have said PH, i threw my pinpoint ph monitor out a year ago, never stayed calibrater and didn’t trust it.

for those that have done it, was ph an issue that had to be buffed?

I dint think I’ll have any die off, my tank is basically still new rock and sand.

thanks

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening

wondering what makes you worried about the flukes. Maybe try a fresh water dip in a dark bucket? Pick one you are concerned about and follow the fw dip protocol to see if anything comes off.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back