totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue tang

Yellow tang

Powder brown

Powder brown is the least likely to survive in an ich management tank- at least long term. I'd term the PB as high risk, the Blue medium risk and the yellow low-ish risk. I dont' mean to say "low risk" and make it sound like it will be fine. There's plenty of risk involved with tangs and diseases. This is all assuming the best possible scenario with little to no stress involved and extremely healthy foods.

OP
OP
bif24701

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powder brown is the least likely to survive in an ich management tank- at least long term. I'd term the PB as high risk, the Blue medium risk and the yellow low-ish risk. I dont' mean to say "low risk" and make it sound like it will be fine. There's plenty of risk involved with tangs and diseases. This is all assuming the best possible scenario with little to no stress involved and extremely healthy foods.

I feed well and often. I've rarely seen any of my yellows get spots. Blues sometimes, never had a powder brown.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed well and often. I've rarely seen any of my yellows get spots. Blues sometimes, never had a powder brown.

Ok. It's up to you in the end. I totally get it and the draw especially after all the work you've done only to come to this. I'm sorry for it. Expect any outbreaks to get 10x worse if there is a power outage, heater failure, ect. If you're expecting it, then maybe you can take steps to prevent it.

Smo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To call this a disappointment would be a gross understatement. Think about your original goal here--provide a healthy disease-free environment for your fish. That should not have changed. Given what you have been thru so far, the second time around should go a lot easier. Just one step at a time and it will be done and over. Following this thread has been a great learning experience for me and I am sure many others too experiencing similar challenges. I will look forward to seeing you finally prevail.
Need to stick to the protocol, however. Nothing wet goes into the DT without its prescribed quarantine period...

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that it must have been some zoas I added. I feel completely useless. I dipped them in Bayer but that doesn't cut it....

Unfortunately there is no workaround for placing all new corals/inverts in a fishless environment for 76 days. QT'ing your fish is only half the battle.

OP
OP
bif24701

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To call this a disappointment would be a gross understatement. Think about your original goal here--provide a healthy disease-free environment for your fish. That should not have changed. Given what you have been thru so far, the second time around should go a lot easier. Just one step at a time and it will be done and over. Following this thread has been a great learning experience for me and I am sure many others too experiencing similar challenges. I will look forward to seeing you finally prevail.
Need to stick to the protocol, however. Nothing wet goes into the DT without its prescribed quarantine period...

I am going to remove the fish however I would like to avoid taking the whole thing apart again. I'll try getting a trap and hope I can catch them.

OP
OP
bif24701

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately there is no workaround for placing all new corals/inverts in a fishless environment for 76 days. QT'ing your fish is only half the battle.

Yea, it was a stupid move to make after all that work, for nigh

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back