I’m from Sacramento Area. Looking for a good LFS

Mike O

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys- I’m new to the forums and am looking for a good LFS in the Sacramento area that specializes in salt water/corals. I’ve ran a freshwater tank for 4-5 years, but bought a 125g tank and am making the jump into salt water and need help and guidance.

geddavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are not too many good LFSs in nor cal but I would recommend lucky aquarium in San-Fransisco but otherwise, I buy from the B.A.R. frag swap and online. Lucky aquarium is great but not the best fish and coral selection.

JoshF7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... good LFS in the Sacramento area that specializes in salt water/corals...
I would say the best for reef/corals is probably @YourReef , but if you are in that area I would also stop by Aqua Life in Rocklin. Between the two, I just have a long history with YourReef and they are a sponsor on here too.

OP
OP
Mike O

Mike O

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say the best for reef/corals is probably @YourReef , but if you are in that area I would also stop by Aqua Life in Rocklin. Between the two, I just have a long history with YourReef and they are a sponsor on here too.
I’ve seen both of those when searching. I’ll have to check them out! Thanks!

Bpultz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve shopped at Your Reef and it’s ok but Aquarium Depot is probably the best when it comes to fish section though their coral section isn’t bad (a little more expensive but eh)

Big Daddy Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium depot, AquaLifeAquarium and yourreef are decent. If you’re in San Jose, check out Neptune aquatics

phpwebdev

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't found a reef shop that i've liked since moving here....

I just found YourReef after trying a few places. I liked their prices and selection. Bought some frags, a clown, and an LED light. Very good service. Any other suggestions?

jbaum81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exotic aquarium

I just got back into the hobby and bought a few Chromis and some Zoas from this place. Their tanks are not nearly as well kept as they used to be 8+ years ago, but the fish and corals were healthy and have been thriving in a nano.

bonarjoseph

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back into the hobby and bought a few Chromis and some Zoas from this place. Their tanks are not nearly as well kept as they used to be 8+ years ago, but the fish and corals were healthy and have been thriving in a nano.
I don’t really go, I just said it so people get the option

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua life is great!!! I just found this place and they got a new saltwater guy who is very knowledgeable. They copper treat all fish and tanks all look very good! Never liked aquarium depot tho...I felt like they bit more than they can chew running essentially 2 stores in one. Employees always felt uninterested in helping me too (probably because half of them are kids). Also YourReef is cool too! Really low-key shop but great selections and prices (I think they had a buy 3 get 3 deal on coral a little bit ago).

Last edited:
Back