OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also had one for 2 1/2 years a long time ago. It died while on vacation under a friends watch. Take cherrystone clam on half shell and black worms for sure to start. Mysis on the shell after a couple of days and work in some algae. Don't leave clam in the tank long to foul your water so get a dozen small ones and keep in fridge. Good Luck. They are awesome fish, but a lot of work to get going. BE PATIENT
Mysis on the shell? Explain please.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
easy fish for me- Just watch your coral. They are great and first, then find a favorite coral to nip on. I have had 3 trios- no issues.
I started with brine soaked in garlic, then mysis, to plankton to lrs foods and nori
idols.jpg
idols.jpg

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
easy fish for me- Just watch your coral. They are great and first, then find a favorite coral to nip on. I have had 3 trios- no issues.
I started with brine soaked in garlic, then mysis, to plankton to lrs foods and nori
idols.jpg
idols.jpg
Only coral I’ve got are fake (Instant Reef). Nothing to worry about there. I’m a fish only guy but I plan to try a few coral out in the fish room.

pasquale petrovia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
split the clam and put some of the mysis on the shell with the clam meat after you get him used to going there. At first he might just spit it out but eventually he will eat it. Mine ate live black worm right away. Very nasty to keep. You have to keep cleaning the water they are in or they die.

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It nibbled a few pieces of food this morning off the bottom of the tank. I fed Rod’s fish only with a little Garlic Guard and Selcon. It wouldn’t eat from the water column but once some pieces settled on the bottom he tried them! I’ll feed again around noon and see if his response is any better.

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is alive and doesn’t seam overly stressed. While watching after feeding he isn’t showing much interest in food. There is some though. Yesterday morning he picked at a couple pieces of Rod’s food that settled on the bottom. I’ve also noticed after some food has settled I’ll come back later and it seams some of the food is missing. Can’t confirm its being eaten though.

I’m trying 3 feedings a day with a mix of foods trying to find 1 it’ll take. Wishing for it to eat but not stressing it yet.

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HE EATS!!!

Just a minutes ago I watched him eat from the water column and now he is eating from the bottom of the tank. I witnessed it eat 4 or 5 pieces of food. This feeding was hikari Mega Marine Angel and a cube of mysis mixed. I fed this a couple times yesterday and he went for it today! I’m expecting he’ll start eating with more gusto now!

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idols.jpg
idols.jpg
How long were you able to keep them?

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This video was taken just after observing it eat. It didn’t eat any more though. I’ll video at the next feeding from the beginning.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Took mine about 3-4 days and then they became eating machines. Careful on the feeding amounts as they do require good water conditions.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
How long were you able to keep them?
I had them under a year due to eating my coral , and sold them to a known aquarist and he still has them ( well over 2 years)

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HE EATS!!!

Just a minutes ago I watched him eat from the water column and now he is eating from the bottom of the tank. I witnessed it eat 4 or 5 pieces of food. This feeding was hikari Mega Marine Angel and a cube of mysis mixed. I fed this a couple times yesterday and he went for it today! I’m expecting he’ll start eating with more gusto now!

Thats amazing!! So glad to hear it. :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back