OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua locker claims all fish are eating well before they are shipped. What were they feeding it?
This was shipped out of California not their facility in Texas. Just a guess but I think it is similar to LA and how their fish ship from the wholesaler. Like LA also has their DD section out of Wisconsin Aqua Locker has their WYSIWYG facility in Texas.

Maybe I’m wrong. Is there any literature on this?

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up some live little neck clams at a local supermarket. Got them home and partially pried them open before freezing them. I dropped one in with the MI and once thawed it started eating! This was after I observed it eating from the bottom of the 4” PVC T some leftover food that collected in there. I removed the clam about an hour later to avoid fouling the water. I think we are well on our way. I’ll give it another couple feedings before I start medicating it’s food.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up some live little neck clams at a local supermarket. Got them home and partially pried them open before freezing them. I dropped one in with the MI and once thawed it started eating! This was after I observed it eating from the bottom of the 4” PVC T some leftover food that collected in there. I removed the clam about an hour later to avoid fouling the water. I think we are well on our way. I’ll give it another couple feedings before I start medicating it’s food.

Man he's sure into that clam!

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man he's sure into that clam!
Yeah, it’s the best feeding response yet. I picked up a pound of the clams so I’ve got 10 or 12 more ready in the freezer. And I know where to get more. Mysis shrimp has been the other food it has taken to.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it’s the best feeding response yet. I picked up a pound of the clams so I’ve got 10 or 12 more ready in the freezer. And I know where to get more. Mysis shrimp has been the other food it has taken to.

Atleast he has already shown himself to enjoy a couple different types of food. You should be easily able to expand from here :)

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took off eating the pellets! Best feeding response yet! It would eat pellets until gone. I put more in 4 times! I wasn’t putting more than 5 to 7 pellets per time but it ate all. The last pinch it slowed down some so I quit feeding figuring it was getting full.

Thank you NLS and @Pablo Tepoot

1mm pellet seams perfect! I’ve also got .5mm pellets and 3mm pellets as well. I mostly feed frozen but keep these pellets around for variety. They have proven to be awesome this evening!

672E3482-E685-41F7-841D-972C4163D19A.jpeg

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 6:
No luck with medicated pellets. (NLS with Vita Chem and GC+Focus)

Fed Mysis with selcon and Garlic Guard and it was a hit.

After feeding this evening I did a 4 gallon water change with a gravel vac and pulled up all the excess food I could. Was surprised at how much came out!

Anyway, it did eat today just not as much as I would hope. Doesn’t appear to getting skinny so hopefully we are getting enough. Also I upped the copper level to approx 1.36ppm probably slightly lower with minimal absorption. I’ll check with Hannah when I get around 1.75 to verify how close I am. Past has proven time and time again that I get an increase of .16ppm per ml of copper power so I go with that until I get close to therapeutic level then check and dial in.

A video from the feeding this evening. His filament has started growing. Probably 3/4” already. It was non existent when he arrived.

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s awesome! I have one but lucked out that it had already been in another tank. I didn’t have to go through what you did.

I’m about to get a Copperband. Fingers crossed it will eat without problems!

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 7:
Morning feeding went well. Turned lights on and waited about 10 minutes before feeding. Fed Mysis with selcon and Garlic and there was no hesitation. Very good feeding response.

I had to return to work today from vacation so next feeding around 4pm then again around 10 before bed.

pasquale petrovia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome job. They become our children. We worry ourselves to death and it usually works out great in the end. I once had a majestic angel for 18 years before he died. My sons are only 15 and 17. Great hobby. I hope he lives for a long time for you. best of Luck

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome job. They become our children. We worry ourselves to death and it usually works out great in the end. I once had a majestic angel for 18 years before he died. My sons are only 15 and 17. Great hobby. I hope he lives for a long time for you. best of Luck
Thank you very much for that. I’ve still gotta get him eating some medicated food but I figure the mysis medicated will be my best bet. I’ll be at therapeutic copper this evening so the 30 day clock will start tomorrow. As long as it’s still eating well with the copper then I’ll try medicated mysis.

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I figured my copper level was around 2.08 this morning since I’ve now dosed 13ml. I figure .16ppm increase per 1ml dosed. Here’s a pic of my Hanna reading.
EBBB2ADB-DC4F-4217-900E-5F601DA6D170.jpeg

I couldn’t have figured it any closer! I really love my old biocube for QT.

I’ll go ahead and add 1/2ml to bring it up to 2.13 giving me enough safety net to not drop below 2.

OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are now eating medicated food!! Mysis with GC+Focus and added Selcon and Garlic Guard. Took to it like he was without the GC+Focus.
Start the 14 day clock of medicated food and 30 day clock for copper treatment starting 11-20-19!

Last edited:
OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 10:
Still looking good and eating very well. I’m feeding 3 times daily with the medicated mysis. Mixing a batch tonight that includes a cube of chopped clam. Really looking like @AquaLocker might get through this without a 14 day guarantee claim!

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to share a video. The neglected tank I just rescued from a Dr. office is not too pretty yet so ignore that part

The fish that were in it got out of QT today. Check out my amazing Moorish Idol. So excited to have one. Especially one that’s already lived in a tank for 2 years.

There’s a good reason so many people want one. They’re magnificent.

(Won't upload directly so here it is on YouTube)

Last edited:
OP
OP
JasonK84

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to share a video. The neglected tank I just rescued from a Dr. office is not too pretty yet so ignore that part

The fish that were in it got out of QT today. Check out my amazing Moorish Idol. So excited to have one. Especially one that’s already lived in a tank for 2 years.

There’s a good reason so many people want one. They’re magnificent.
I don’t see a video.

Back