I’m going to get a Bubble Tip Anenome

Hugo Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, so tomorrow I’m getting a bubble tip anemone for my 30 gallon tank. Any recommendations on how to introduce it to the tank? Should I quarantine it? Or just add it? Do a coral dip? I know it’s not a coral but would a dip be recommended? Or should I approach it like if it was a fish?

Thanks

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have several in my 29 gallon. All i do is float them for temp. Then I take them out of their bag and hold them in air for a few seconds so they expel all their water. Then I put them in the tank. Once they expel that water, they are essentially acclimated. I wouldn’t dip them. Also wear a glove or something since it will be sticky and they can sting you.

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Out of curiosity, how long has your tank been setup and what lights do you have over it?

OP
OP
Hugo Garcia

Hugo Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Out of curiosity, how long has your tank been setup and what lights do you have over it?
Almost a year, 11 months. I have 2 Kessil Tuna Blue A60

FE78FA0F-C7DC-48BD-864F-E8BFEB441955.png

OP
OP
Hugo Garcia

Hugo Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several in my 29 gallon. All i do is float them for temp. Then I take them out of their bag and hold them in air for a few seconds so they expel all their water. Then I put them in the tank. Once they expel that water, they are essentially acclimated. I wouldn’t dip them. Also wear a glove or something since it will be sticky and they can sting you.
I use tap water on my tank, conditioned with Prime and Stability, also lots of carbon and GFO in the back. Would that be fine for an Anemone?

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use tap water on my tank, conditioned with Prime and Stability, also lots of carbon and GFO in the back. Would that be fine for an Anemone?

Even though a bubble-tip is hardier than most other anemones, it's still sensitive to water quality. I would discourage adding one to a tank maintained with tap water. There are too many variables including heavy metals, copper from water lines, and other possible contaminants too numerous to list. Have you considered getting a RODI unit? They are not expensive compared to the livestock you can lose from using tap water. I think fish only tanks can do okay for the most part on tap, but if you want to start keeping anemones or coral, I recommend looking into getting RODI water at your LFS or getting your own unit to save money. It would greatly increase your chance of success. Good luck.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though a bubble-tip is hardier than most other anemones, it's still sensitive to water quality. I would discourage adding one to a tank maintained with tap water. There are too many variables including heavy metals, copper from water lines, and other possible contaminants too numerous to list. Have you considered getting a RODI unit? They are not expensive compared to the livestock you can lose from using tap water. I think fish only tanks can do okay for the most part on tap, but if you want to start keeping anemones or coral, I recommend looking into getting RODI water at your LFS or getting your own unit to save money. It would greatly increase your chance of success. Good luck.
This. ALso if u decide to add an anemone, make sure to place a foam cover on the powerhead. If the anemone walks into it, powerhead will shred the anemone.

Ari_Ball

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have dip an anemone, and remember don't feed it in first 3 days, and don't let them flow into a pump. Or you'll receive a milk tank

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back