I’m new here!

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I have just joined this forum as I have ordered an 81Litre marine fish tank I have two freshwater aquariums ( 200L and 25L) an I have kept fish properly since I was around 8 or 9 I have never had a marine aquarium before and am just wondering what I need I have a filter ,heater , 3D backround , separate quarantine tank , lights , air pump , thermometers and I am just wondering about anything else I will need I am thinking about stocking with two clownfish but I haven’t done much research yet so this is pert of my research what salt do I need to put in the water and do I need live rock and corals as I am thinking of an anename for the clownfish but I am a total beginner so any help is greatly appreciated ☺

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! This thread should help you out!

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome.png

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I have just joined this forum as I have ordered an 81Litre marine fish tank I have two freshwater aquariums ( 200L and 25L) an I have kept fish properly since I was around 8 or 9 I have never had a marine aquarium before and am just wondering what I need I have a filter ,heater , 3D backround , separate quarantine tank , lights , air pump , thermometers and I am just wondering about anything else I will need I am thinking about stocking with two clownfish but I haven’t done much research yet so this is pert of my research what salt do I need to put in the water and do I need live rock and corals as I am thinking of an anename for the clownfish but I am a total beginner so any help is greatly appreciated ☺
Welcome Emma,
Lots to learn.
You have some choices from the start.
Do you want fish only, or some corals too.
Instant ocean is a good salt.
You also need very pure fresh water to make your saltwater.
Most of us have a rodi system to filter the water from the tap
Rodi = reverse osmosis de ionized.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum! There is a plethora of resources and information avaialable to you here. The thread linked above is a great place to start. Enjoy the journey!

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Emma,
Lots to learn.
You have some choices from the start.
Do you want fish only, or some corals too.
Instant ocean is a good salt.
You also need very pure fresh water to make your saltwater.
Most of us have a rodi system to filter the water from the tap
Rodi = reverse osmosis de ionized.
Ok thank you will have a look at that salt urm for corals I’m thinking I will try with just fish for a couple months or so until I completely understand the saltwater aquarium then I will definitely get some corals they are beautiful I will look into Rodi but is there a way I can do it without an rodi unit ?

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! This thread should help you out!
Hi thank you this was very helpful

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you will have a look at that salt urm for corals I’m thinking I will try with just fish for a couple months or so until I completely understand the saltwater aquarium then I will definitely get some corals they are beautiful I will look into Rodi but is there a way I can do it without an rodi unit ?
People who keep corals say they are not coral or fish keepers, but good at consistent water with best parameters.
A rodi system is a good investment in your tanks future.
To answer your question, yes you can purchase pure water or saltwater from your fish store, if you want to carry that back.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish can handle tap water salt mixes but corals and fish will love you for using RODI!

since you are going to be asking questions I would suggest you start a build thread on here and use that space to ask questions and document your progress.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Much of the time there are minerals, chemicals, and other things in your tap water that you don't want in your saltwater tanks, so it is strongly recommended that you use RODI water either from your own RODI filter or from your local fish store (LFS).

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People who keep corals say they are not coral or fish keepers, but good at consistent water with best parameters.
A rodi system is a good investment in your tanks future.
To answer your question, yes you can purchase pure water or saltwater from your fish store, if you want to carry that back.
Ok thank you I will look into both options

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish can handle tap water salt mixes but corals and fish will love you for using RODI!

since you are going to be asking questions I would suggest you start a build thread on here and use that space to ask questions and document your progress.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Ok thanks I will start another build thread

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.1%
Back