I’m not sure I buy the 72 day ich claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Lionfish hunter

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh? So you know that they proved a strain to live for 72 days but you are arguing what exactly?
Feel free to risk your fish all you want. I'll go with the scientific data.
Yes there is, in 68 degree water. Do you keep your tank at 68 degrees? Is ich documented to slow its cycle in cold water? Yes.

OP
OP
Lionfish hunter

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He came here looking for a fight.

While there is no new information provided in this thread, I would welcome a scientific study that more accurately represented the conditions found in reef keeping. I think we may concede that 45 days may be the shorter length of fallow time to beat crypto's life cycle but hasn't that always been the case? I also think that many people, like myself, would prefer to not roll that dice and stick to a longer fallow period. Crypto is a deadly parasite after all. Peace of mind?
Yeah I'm the one looking for a fight. Hilarious

KeMiKiLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes there is, in 68 degree water. Do you keep your tank at 68 degrees? Is ich documented to slow its cycle in cold water? Yes.
Don't care, dude. Where is your peer review scientific study to show the actual maximum life cycle duration of ich at 78F over the course of a few hundred test samples?

You think anyone is going to risk their investment on your word? lol.

OP
OP
Lionfish hunter

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't care, dude. Where is your peer review scientific study to show the actual maximum life cycle duration of ich at 78F over the course of a few hundred test samples?

You think anyone is going to risk their investment on your word? lol.
When did I tell you what to do? Have you read anything I have posted? Because you've completely missed the point. I simply pointed out that the information everybody is using to decide quarantine time is based off a study that does not accurately depict our tanks. And I have been crucified for doing so. Do what you want DUDE, never implied you should change what you do but people need to know this fact to decide for themselves.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello friends. While we want to be able to allow as much debate as possible to continue we feel like some discussions degrade to a point that it is no longer in the best interest of the forum or participants to allow it to continue. That being said we’re going to put this one to rest and we hope you understand. Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back