Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
6DBD8502-C69C-4B3B-92EB-D7DF9197B503.jpeg

I changed my membrane. I honestly have no clue how to flush the membrane out. This 2 blue lined thing was on off and I kept turning it from on to off and there’s no difference.
I’m draining the water but I’m pretty sure the ro membrane water is passing through the Di. TDS is saying 10.

I have no clue where the flow restricter is. I changed the 100gpd to a different brand of 100gpd.

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the blue valve closed (as in the picture) you will be making water through the membrane. When it is open it will be flushing water through the membrane. On mine I still get some water going through the system and into my RODI storage container while I am flushing the membrane. I flush my membrane each time before I make water. I wait until my equivalent of your "red" TDS is below 5 TDS before I close the valve and start making the water.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the blue valve closed (as in the picture) you will be making water through the membrane. When it is open it will be flushing water through the membrane. On mine I still get some water going through the system and into my RODI storage container while I am flushing the membrane. I flush my membrane each time before I make water. I wait until my equivalent of your "red" TDS is below 5 TDS before I close the valve and start making the water.
So if I need to flush water, do I leave it open or closed?

red is showing 10 and blue is showing 18

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, do I need to change the Di after this process? Because I think I contaminated it

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Open to Flush. While flushing the TDS should go down. Mine can take 5 minutes or so to get down to the level I start making water.

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are using color changing DI you should be fine until it turns brown. The bottom will usually start turning brown first and I don't change it out until the whole container is brown. I have dual DI containers. Once the first one in line turns all brown I move the second one to the first position and refill the brown one and put in the 2nd position.

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2343.jpg

Here is my DI resin. As you can see the one on the left is about half depleted. Once it is all brown I will replace the resin in this container and swap it with the one on the right. I also label each of my filters/canisters with the date I last changed.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back