i’m sorry about yesterday and i need some wrasse help

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all i really need is help with my wrasse and you can skip the first paragraph as it’s only an apology about yesterday.

ok as some of you know i had a whole incident that almost led to me not being alive lucky a family member stepped in before i cut too deep into myself but i’m not going to dwell on that i just wanted to say i’m sorry and yesterday was probably one of the worst days in my life and i don’t want to dwell on this because i hate attention but i’m ok now but anyways to the real thing.

so i’m having some wrasse issues he normally used to glass surf and be really out in the open but as of saturday he has completely changed he’s constantly hiding and i can never really tell if he’s eating.

he doesn’t look starved his color looks normal and i saw him poop for the first time that i caught it and it looks like normal poop.

i think i may have startled him with adding six corals all at once to the tank or he might have something else going on.

any help would be appreciated and i’m sorry about yesterday and here’s the perameters.

and the only other fish in the tank is a tail spot blenny and it’s a 20 gal.

5DED98DA-1C49-4D3D-A33E-8F691508992F.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture of the fish in white lights would help to see if there are issues or not

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a tanaka's pygmy wrasse. They are secretive and can hid for a while if startled. Did you add any new fish? They are very peaceful and can be bullied easily by other tank mates.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a tanaka's pygmy wrasse. They are secretive and can hid for a while if startled. Did you add any new fish? They are very peaceful and can be bullied easily by other tank mates.
nope actually the tail spot has been in the tank longer then the pygmy wrasse and they used to swim around with each other all the time

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nope actually the tail spot has been in the tank longer then the pygmy wrasse and they used to swim around with each other all the time
I'd just leave him be. Dont try to catch him or move around the rock work. See how he does over the next few days. I'm sure he's eating copepods that he finds on the rocks. Just feed ss you normally would.

NJDragonet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about what happened, The Pygmy should be fine they are known to startle and hide for at least 4-6 days he should be fine all parameters look fine and there are no signs of illness.

Good luck,
NJ

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just leave him be. Dont try to catch him or move around the rock work. See how he does over the next few days. I'm sure he's eating copepods that he finds on the rocks. Just feed ss you normally would.
ok and i ordered some live brine shrimp to see if that also could help out food wise

Kris 2020

Super Active Excellent Well Known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad you are ok. I know many of us were thinking about you.

the wrasse may just be startled at the activity caused by new corals coming in. If your hands were in there a lot etc.

one thing it took me a long time to learn in this hobby is not to try and “fix” every little thing, because it might not really be “broken”. I see some little thing that’s different than the day before or doesn’t look like I think it should, and when I was newer to the hobby I’d want to try and make it right. These fish and corals and inverts and even algae, kinda have a mind of their own and I had to learn to leave things be and evaluate more over weeks and months and not hours or days. and it helped me be a better reef keeper. And also helped with not worrying as much.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad you are ok. I know many of us were thinking about you.

the wrasse may just be startled at the activity caused by new corals coming in. If your hands were in there a lot etc.

one thing it took me a long time to learn in this hobby is not to try and “fix” every little thing, because it might not really be “broken”. I see some little thing that’s different than the day before or doesn’t look like I think it should, and when I was newer to the hobby I’d want to try and make it right. These fish and corals and inverts and even algae, kinda have a mind of their own and I had to learn to leave things be and evaluate more over weeks and months and not hours or days. and it helped me be a better reef keeper. And also helped with not worrying as much.
thank you and yea i had my hands in the tank more that week but he used to come up to my hands and like swim between my fingers and stuff.

and i’ve been trying to keep my hands out of my tank the best i can the only time i do is when i see a coral isn’t doing to well.

and i’ve been becoming more chill about things like that but thank you.

Back