I’m stuck this this FMM optical sensor for ATO

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello I have tried to figure this programming out. I’ve done okay but now I’m stuck. I keep getting inconsistent alarms when trying to manually test.
Here is what I have so far
Two leak sensors labeled Leak1 and leak2 in fmm port 1 and 2
1 optical sensor placed in ATO for when water gets too low to email me. I have the sensor normally wet (closed) and want it to alarm me when dry(open).
for some reason the alarm is not consistent and I get this weird messsage saying alarm is off instead of alarm for the atolow being open. Whereis this alarm is off message coming from?
Also for the module labeled LinkA_5_1
I have if closed for the leak detectors then off because that’s what the default setup programmed. Is that correct? I think it’s to prevent it from being on when it’s wet?

407E915C-52BC-40B7-87E5-0EB152F32911.png E45EAE5B-12B4-46C4-AE3D-D29F494B2CBA.png DC749713-86FD-441F-856D-3EEFC19A9054.png

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First add

Defer 000:30 Then OFF

This will let you see what it alarming (most likely humidity triggering leak sensors intermittently). Once you figure out what the trigger is, you can troubleshoot further. Ex if it's a leak sensor triggering the alarm, place on a paper towel not straight on the floor.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First add

Defer 000:30 Then OFF

This will let you see what it alarming (most likely humidity triggering leak sensors intermittently). Once you figure out what the trigger is, you can troubleshoot further. Ex if it's a leak sensor triggering the alarm, place on a paper towel not straight on the floor.
Where should I add that defer statement ?

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Technically it could be added anywhere in the email outlet since Defer is a global command, but general practice is to add global statements at the end for cleanliness.
Can you explain how the defer statement helps to determine which alarm it is? I’m a little confused by that. Also am I correct to have this statement for the outlet to turn off the leak detector if it gets wet? I think I figured out the problem. It wasn’t my leak detectors I was having problems with but the optical sensor in my auto top off.

Attachments

• B94BEEA5-FCB4-4261-9751-1F2111C0A3FA.jpeg
    B94BEEA5-FCB4-4261-9751-1F2111C0A3FA.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 20

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you explain how the defer statement helps to determine which alarm it is? I’m a little confused by that. Also am I correct to have this statement for the outlet to turn off the leak detector if it gets wet? I think I figured out the problem. It wasn’t my leak detectors I was having problems with but the optical sensor in my auto top off.
The reason for the Defer is that sometimes an alarm can turn on for only 1 processing cycle (about 1 second) and then the next processing cycle that sends the email it condition is no longer true. The Defer forces it to stay on long enough to see what triggered it.

You do not want the ATOlow line in the email. I didn't notice that in there earlier.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The reason for the Defer is that sometimes an alarm can turn on for only 1 processing cycle (about 1 second) and then the next processing cycle that sends the email it condition is no longer true. The Defer forces it to stay on long enough to see what triggered it.

You do not want the ATOlow line in the email. I didn't notice that in there earlier.
That makes a lot of sense. Also why don’t I want it In my email? I’m using the ATOlow for a optical sensor in my auto top off. It will email me if it ever gets too low so I can add fresh rodi ?

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes a lot of sense. Also why don’t I want it In my email? I’m using the ATOlow for a optical sensor in my auto top off. It will email me if it ever gets too low so I can add fresh rodi ?
I am assuming ATOlow is the normal water level optical sensor for your ATO. If you have it placed in your reservoir instead as a low level sensor there, it could be used for that purpose but that typically is not the case.

If you used the task function to set this up, what you want instead is

If Error ATOoutletname Then ON

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am assuming ATOlow is the normal water level optical sensor for your ATO. If you have it placed in your reservoir instead as a low level sensor there, it could be used for that purpose but that typically is not the case.

I appreciate your time. I’m just still confused. I am using an auto top off sensor in my container. I don’t have my ATO pump connected to apex as it’s not apex it’s a Tunze. Are you saying I should replace my email alarm ? Where do I put this error statement ?

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I did use the task function for setting up the leak detectors. Then I plugged the third switch in FMM to an optical sensor and placed it in my ato reservoir. My auto top off doesn’t have any programming as it’s a Tunze and has has its own sensor and float switch. Are you saying add if error autotop off outlet then on to my email to notify me if via apex if something errors with the Tunze ? Will a tripped float switch on the Tunze register as an error to apex ?

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did use the task function for setting up the leak detectors. Then I plugged the third switch in FMM to an optical sensor and placed it in my ato reservoir. My auto top off doesn’t have any programming as it’s a Tunze and has has its own sensor and float switch. Are you saying add if error autotop off outlet then on to my email to notify me if via apex if something errors with the Tunze ? Will a tripped float switch on the Tunze register as an error to apex ?
If it's an optical at the bottom of your ato reservoir, then leave the line as it is currently in your email.

If Error would be if you did a custom ATO with the apex.

Back