I’m trying to find a gold torch for sale and can’t find one?

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in New Jersey and that would be great if I can snag one of those up

Send me a PM. Colony is at 5-6 heads now, a couple are splitting, once they do I will likely start fragging and I'll keep you in the loop. It started from one tiny little frag 6-8 months ago.

OP
OP
Tyler1146

Tyler1146

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has that they want to sell please let me know

hcker99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in New Jersey and that would be great if I can snag one of those up

We have some real nice aussie golds in stock. Any we're in NJ :)

IMG_1162.jpg

OP
OP
Tyler1146

Tyler1146

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So does anybody have one that they would like to sell?

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aussie golds are definitely not cheap. Especially with what's coming down the pipe in aussie very soon.

So you heard the same.. There might be some tightening or bans coming from there too.. I heard there was meeting.

hcker99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you heard the same.. There might be some tightening or bans coming from there too.. I heard there was meeting.

Yea. Figured it was going to happen. When the indo ban started everyone started ordering from Aussie. Well there is only so many corals you can legally collect and export. So very soon you'll start to see prices going even higher.

If the trend continues you'll start seeing aussie gold torches for $600-$800 a head.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea. Figured it was going to happen. When the indo ban started everyone started ordering from Aussie. Well there is only so many corals you can legally collect and export. So very soon you'll start to see prices going even higher.

If the trend continues you'll start seeing aussie gold torches for $600-$800 a head.

I doubt they go that high For several reasons.

1.) If more places ban fish and as the permit in Hawaii expire there will be less and less fish... We are no where near where we should be on the breeding of fish. Almost half a million yellow tangs come from Hawaii alone, the couple hundred we breed a year is no where near what the hobby needs. No wrasses are being bred. People are going to be bored if the only fish they can have is a pair of clowns and possibly a goby. No one is going to invest in a shrinking hobby either. Demand for corals drops.

2.) If coral prices rise too much on coral the hobby will shrink as people leave. There is a coming bloodbath for all the vendors that sell coral.

3.) Lack of new diversity of corals and new discoveries because of the loss of wild corals will cause the people who collect corals to be bored and they will leave the hobby with nothing new entering. Demand drops.

4.) It will be cheaper for people to set up a small frag tank and more people will trade corals instead of purchasing causing demand to drop.

I think initially prices go up but they will level out fast because hobby is going to shrink and demand goes down. I actually think after a short spike up corals become cheaper as coral vendors try to fight for the shrinking hobby.
Then prices will go to normal and stabilize as vendors disappear and thing level out.

What coral vendors do not get is they are not just competing against other coral vendors they are competing against the hobbyist.. The hobbyist are resourceful and will find away. If corals become too expensive they will do more trading. Yea lps are slower growers but with more people in the hobby growing them...

I just think the bans of fish are going to drive this hobby down the fastest. It will be boring with only a handful of fish being bred in any quantity.
Yea there are other areas where they collect fish but with limits like red sea but those fish will end up being so high priced and only those with lots of money can afford. There is not even enough clownfish to support the hobby with the loss of Hawaii and Indonesia. There is talk of limiting or stopping the fish collection in the Caribbean because the lionfish are really hurting the populations of fish. Breeding fish is where money will be not corals which most are easy to do. I just think it may be to late on the fish side. Yea we make new fish all the time but doing a handful is not the same as doing hundreds of thousands the need. I think if there was a slow exit on the fish side it would be different as we ramped up breeding of fish but it does not look like that is happening.

I predict over the next 3 years Indonesia is done exporting everything. All the Hawaii permits will have expired. Australia will have banned all exports of coral. Caribbean stuff will be severely limited. I think hobby size will have decreased by over a 3rd. I think equipment manufactures will also be dropping like flies.

I think #2 above is already happening because that gold torch is still sitting there and is marked down so 400.00 may already be the limit most would pay for it. Also same with Cherry corals.

I hope I am wrong on this I have been in the reef hobby over 30 years and love it and hate to see anything bad happen. With proper management of our wild resources this hobby would survive fine but nobody seems to care and just out right banning everything including mariculture.

Last edited:

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man the increase in prices on these over the years reminds me why I baby my colony.

Gold Torch.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back