OP
OP
S

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys for your input. As beutifull as I think they are changing my regime to accomodate then is not an option for me so I will not be adding this coral. So thanks to the generous feedback it was a lot of help in my decision making

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, the yellow came from a new vendor in tough shape and didn't make it. There is a new one coming next week from a different vendor. The red on the left has open polyps all day long. It is wild watching it catch food. The red's polyps are so big that it will catch regular size brine shrimp. You have to be doing something right to have yours look good after several months. BTW is that a Newfie in your picture?
Yes indeed. He passed about 2 years ago, and his sister just passed this December, unfortunately. We volunteer with Newf Rescue here, foster some, end up adopting usually lol....

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately that non photo gorg will not live long in your tank. All the colorful ones are non photo.
It may live a year if your lucky but if you have a newish tank I doubt it will live that long but good luck anyway. Those corals have unlimited lifespans in the sea.

They require a lot of constant food that can't be fed in a normal home tank unless you go through some extroadinary feeding which will cause other problems.

You are much better off with these brown gorgs like I have all over my tank and grow faster than weeds. They require no care.

OP
OP
S

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wrote "Thanks guys for your input. As beutifull as I think they are changing my regime to accomodate then is not an option for me so I will not be adding this coral. So thanks to the generous feedback it was a lot of help in my decision making" Thanks for your input but I came to the same opinion

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back