I am designing a guard for the AI Nero 5 - READY TO PRINT

TheKingInYellow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EDIT - DESIGN IS COMPLETE - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3788597

If you need them printed for you PM me. I can print them for cheap and you pay shipping.

Hoping to have a working STL for a printable guard this weekend. If you are looking for a guard for this powerhead, please follow along here. I'm still trying to sort out how to handle the angleable head and how to ensure a solid connection between the guard and powerhead while still allowing it to be removed easily for cleaning.

I will release the STL for free on Thingiverse once completed and you can order it printed from there if you don't have access to a printer.

1564754019995.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheKingInYellow

TheKingInYellow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Revision 2, properly scaled although a little too large. I've added a gap for the cable to pass through, and it's just a matter of getting it trimmed to the right size and ensuring it will stay secure during operation.

I'me using spherical studs to hold it to the rear frame of the pump. Should work once I get the final size dialed in.

1564801239056.png

OP
OP
TheKingInYellow

TheKingInYellow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might change the design direction here, I've been focused on a guard that would slide over the front and latch onto the back. In hindsight this gives it a chance to fall off no matter the design.

I'm thinking a simple cuff that goes on over the back would work better. Friction fit to the back of the pump and if it came loose the glass would hold it in place. The downside would be potential rattling against the glass.

Thoughts?

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your cuff idea is a great solution. There are many ways to solve these problems and I often find my first solution isn't always as elegant some of the later iterations. That's what home 3d printers are for though!

I think you could even make an allowance for a nylon thumb screw to use as a set screw in the body so it's not as dependant on perfect tolerances.

OP
OP
TheKingInYellow

TheKingInYellow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your cuff idea is a great solution. There are many ways to solve these problems and I often find my first solution isn't always as elegant some of the later iterations. That's what home 3d printers are for though!

I think you could even make an allowance for a nylon thumb screw to use as a set screw in the body so it's not as dependant on perfect tolerances.
I thought about something like that but I suspect that would introduce more vibration potentially.

I've got this almost finished and it seems to work really well.

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooo I didn't know there was one. Link?

Here's the link to the archive:

If you want to sell them on R2R you should post them in the 3d printed and hand made forum as well! There is a new marketplace for R2R coming soon where they can be posted for sale too. It's not out yet but Rev said it should be soon.

OP
OP
TheKingInYellow

TheKingInYellow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up I absolutely cannot keep up with demand at this point, my printer is going 24/7 and I simply can't make them any faster.

I'm going to need to raise the price per unit to $8.50 USD just to cover my time and effort packing and shipping these plus looping in a few friends with printers to get back orders filled and paying them for their printer time.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back