I am designing a guard for the AI Nero 5 - READY TO PRINT

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up I absolutely cannot keep up with demand at this point, my printer is going 24/7 and I simply can't make them any faster.

I'm going to need to raise the price per unit to $8.50 USD just to cover my time and effort packing and shipping these plus looping in a few friends with printers to get back orders filled and paying them for their printer time.

The bottom line is that your efforts are greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
TheKingInYellow

TheKingInYellow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to say that I have a US partner for seeking and shipping these guards now.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw your other thread about partnering with Melev. So does this mean you’ve sold the design as well? I’d like to print it myself but the links are down.

OP
OP
TheKingInYellow

TheKingInYellow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw your other thread about partnering with Melev. So does this mean you’ve sold the design as well? I’d like to print it myself but the links are down.

Not exactly. Melev is selling my design and it's being produced in the States by another company because I couldn't handle the volume. I took the design down so that my license was respected even though I'm not actually charging Melev for the design.

The design is still free, I'll pm you.

*Andrea*

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TheKingInYellow Thank you for designing this. I ordered one last night from Melev. Four of my fish have mysteriously disappeared and one definitely got sucked into the Nero5. It really sucks that the company won’t do something about it.

truetricia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EDIT - DESIGN IS COMPLETE - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3788597

If you need them printed for you PM me. I can print them for cheap and you pay shipping.

Hoping to have a working STL for a printable guard this weekend. If you are looking for a guard for this powerhead, please follow along here. I'm still trying to sort out how to handle the angleable head and how to ensure a solid connection between the guard and powerhead while still allowing it to be removed easily for cleaning.

I will release the STL for free on Thingiverse once completed and you can order it printed from there if you don't have access to a printer.

1564754019995.png
Any chance you're working on a guard for the WAV pumps?

OP
OP
TheKingInYellow

TheKingInYellow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you're working on a guard for the WAV pumps?

Sadly I wrecked the hot end of the printer printing the batch for Melev. I haven't fixed it yet, despite my efforts.

I'd happily design one for any pump but I'd need the physical pump in hand to ensure it fits correctly and allows flow properly.

fondoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just what I was looking for. thank you! now only if I can find a better magnet with better angles.

SenatorPOPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @TheKingInYellow , Thanks for making this! I've made a few things specific to my tank and enjoy the process of prototyping. I just bought a Nero 5 and heard all these stories about fish and shrimp getting torn up. Are you still able to provide the .stl file?

OP
OP
TheKingInYellow

TheKingInYellow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @TheKingInYellow , Thanks for making this! I've made a few things specific to my tank and enjoy the process of prototyping. I just bought a Nero 5 and heard all these stories about fish and shrimp getting torn up. Are you still able to provide the .stl file?

Yup. Just PM me your email address, or you can buy them from Melevsreef if you don't want to print it yourself.

ariceneo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still have stl file the web site says error 404 on the link

Back