"I am running 5 pumps off the WaveEngine."

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Check out this testimonial from R2R user @shred5 about the HYDROS WaveEngine!

"On my WaveEngine right now I am running one IceCap 3K, two XF-250 Maxspect Gyres, and a VarioS-2 directly. So I eliminated 3 controllers and 3 power supplies and put them all on one. I also set up a VarioS-4 on 0-10v control. I wanted to push it to the limit to see if this could handle it. So basically I am running 5 pumps off the WaveEngine. Everything was really easy to set up." :D

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Like where CoralVu is headed with these new controllers. From what i can see in the images those do not appear to be stock cables connecting to the Hydros. Would we need to purchase a replacement cord for each pump we want to run or are they supplied with the purchase of the Hydros?

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Like where CoralVu is headed with these new controllers. From what I can see in the images those do not appear to be stock cables connecting to the Hydros. Would we need to purchase a replacement cord for each pump we want to run or are they supplied with the purchase of the Hydros?
Great question! You will need special adapter cables to connect your pump(s) to the WaveEngine. The adapters were made to allow a universal pump port on the WaveEngine that will fit any pump adapter AND keep the WaveEngine's IP65 rating. Unfortunately, if we were to allow the regular pump cable adapters to connect directly to the WaveEngine, then the box would not be splash-resistant.

The pump adapter cables are going to be very inexpensive and cost no more than $20 each.

saf1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah - I said this earlier in the new equipment MACNA thread. The thought of power distribution and control is a boat everyone missed but this team. While it may or may not be something I'd deploy I had to give the idea team member huge kudo's and suggest a raise :)

While I do believe this hobby is in dire need of standards with regards to device connectivity and interchangeability this is a step in the right direction. Companies need to take a step back and look at what these sort of things can do for the hobbyist and the manufacture. Those R&D dollars can be spent elsewhere by saving it on developing their own dongles, cables, etc.

As I mentioned before great job and keep up the great work (and also give that lad/lass a raise :) ).

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
I would too (especially as you can't control vectra from apex but can from this) I am also hoping I can get my hands on one soon!
Yes, we are working on the Vectra and it should be done by the time the product is released or a little bit after. The issue is a little more complicated because EcoTech does not share their protocol with other companies. If they would, then it would make this whole process a lot easier and at the end of the day, better for the consumer.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, we are working on the Vectra and it should be done by the time the product is released or a little bit after. The issue is a little more complicated because EcoTech does not share their protocol with other companies. If they would, then it would make this whole process a lot easier and at the end of the day, better for the consumer.
Thx for the info! As it was listed on the info I presumed it was locked and you had access from them.

Either way I'm buying :)

saf1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah, it is locked and we have to reverse engineer it. :(
Thus my rant above. It would benefit everyone if there was a standard or if they took the higher road and ponied it up. Save everyone blood sweat and tears (not to mention money). Make a great pump and people will buy it regardless so no need to be a scary cat. Make a great pump plus interchangeability with vendors people will buy it even more.

Keep up the good work.

saf1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
$20 is very inexpensive now?
If you look at the bigger picture, yes.

$4.00 for a Bic Mac
$3.50 for a gallon of Milk
$2.45 for a Venti Starbucks coffee
$4.74 for a Venti Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha
$45.00 Ruth Chris Cowboy Ribeye Steak
$125.00 (bottle) Silver Oak 2014 Cab (price will vary depending on source)

I mean you get the idea. 20 bucks on a cable is nothing when you look at your day to day spending. Even a college student can afford the cable. Sure...they may have to give up a few Sierra Nevada's brews but come on.

CCK_8814

View Badges
Reaction score
Need anymore beta testers?! I have 3 tanks running next to each other (about to be 4) and the amount of cables + clutter from all the controllers and power supplies is getting ridiculous. I need one of these BAD!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Need anymore beta testers?! I have 3 tanks running next to each other (about to be 4) and the amount of cables + clutter from all the controllers and power supplies is getting ridiculous. I need one of these BAD!
Thank you for your interest! We do have a beta tester group, but there is currently a waitlist. You are welcome to email at [email protected] and I can add you to the list!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score

Is it HARD or EASY for you to keep your corals colorful? (check all that apply)

• SPS Hard

Votes: 414 60.8%
  • SPS Easy

Votes: 165 24.2%
  • LPS Hard

Votes: 118 17.3%
  • LPS Easy

Votes: 450 66.1%
  • Zoas Hard

Votes: 71 10.4%
  • Zoas Easy

Votes: 453 66.5%