"I am running 5 pumps off the WaveEngine."

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Jeff,

Anybody using a 0-10 control to it from an Apex to control feed modes and commands from water sensors yet?
Yes, we have a couple of beta testers that have done that. They have "Feed" mode, which automatically engages the Feed mode on the WaveEngine and slows downs the pumps. They also have a "Water Change" mode which automatically turns OFF all flow pumps in the tank.

Press a button or flip a switch from a single location. There is no need to open multiple apps to do a simple task.

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Question Jeff or Carlos, your website says the WaveEngine can control Vectra pumps, does that include the M2 new versions? What exactly does it do in that case, since these are not, generally, wave pumps... ?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
I am not a part of the engineering team, but from what I understand, Vectra capability isn't available at launch but is coming. It will work with the M2 without any additional upgrades required (assuming you purchase the WaveEngine with ETM wireless control).
Awesome, I’ll be watching...looks like it slipped another week...;)

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, as soon as the vectras are supported, I'm buying. I'll volunteer to be a beta tester.
I'm running two xf330's, two mp40's and vectra m1. Feed mode with apex to allow things to slow down to a trickle is awesome.
Yes, If they would support the Vectra even just as a pass through, so an Apex 0-10 output could control the Vectra 0-100% that would be huge...it would be the only option out there, and I would totally get a WaveEngine just the that function, let alone all the other pump functions...

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, as soon as the vectras are supported, I'm buying. I'll volunteer to be a beta tester.
I'm running two xf330's, two mp40's and vectra m1. Feed mode with apex to allow things to slow down to a trickle is awesome.
Yes, If they would support the Vectra even just as a pass through, so an Apex 0-10 output could control the Vectra 0-100% that would be huge...it would be the only option out there, and I would totally get a WaveEngine just the that function, let alone all the other pump functions...
We are working on Vectra compatibility now. I don't have an ETA quite yet of when it will be available, but we will certainly announce it when the time comes! It will just be a software update so nothing with the hardware will change (in case you want to pick up a WE sooner than later). Thank you for your patience and support in the meantime!

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
We are working on Vectra compatibility now. I don't have an ETA quite yet of when it will be available, but we will certainly announce it when the time comes! It will just be a software update so nothing with the hardware will change (in case you want to pick up a WE sooner than later). Thank you for your patience and support in the meantime!
Yeah, really hope you are able to pull it off. Others have tried to no avail, as Echotech apparently protects/encrypts the Vectra controllers signal, unlike the Vortex and other pumps which are more easily controllable.

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
I am not a part of the engineering team, but from what I understand, Vectra capability isn't available at launch but is coming. It will work with the M2 without any additional upgrades required (assuming you purchase the WaveEngine with ETM wireless control).
Any update on this?

Is your current reef tank the BEST reef aquarium you've ever had?

• Yes

Votes: 281 70.4%
  • No

Votes: 85 21.3%
  • It's a tie

Votes: 13 3.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 20 5.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors