I am thinking of going more hard core sps. (talk me out of it) LOL!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man I have been so fickle with this new tank! I have loaded it with BTA's and now I am thinking I want to start stocking more sps and really focusing on them. I will need to probably get rid of most or all of the BTA's but I will keep the Magnifica I have of course.

Should I or should I not? :D

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no reason not to go with more sps, lol. I love the growth structure and colors.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am thinking about taking out my sand as well. Yes bored.....

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for it ! It's not easy though no matter what anyone tells u! But i think it's most impressive kind of reef

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have kept them before but this time I may try it without sand so I can have some major erratic flow!

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten bored with some stuff in my tank, but it has grown so well, that I have to keep them. Too encrusted etc. But going with specific sps, and specific fish keeps the boredom away. I was wanting a sps and wrasse dominated tank, but I am now afraid to add anymore fish, because they are all jiving so well, and dont want to mess with the vibe in the tank. SPS is the most challenging coral to keep and grow, so that is why the boredom factor still eludes me. Hopefully for a long time.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten bored with some stuff in my tank, but it has grown so well, that I have to keep them. Too encrusted etc. But going with specific sps, and specific fish keeps the boredom away. I was wanting a sps and wrasse dominated tank, but I am now afraid to add anymore fish, because they are all jiving so well, and dont want to mess with the vibe in the tank. SPS is the most challenging coral to keep and grow, so that is why the boredom factor still eludes me. Hopefully for a long time.
It's never boring, if you get bored, that's what bone cutters and super glue are for, right? :) I can't wait until my higher end frags turn into colonies, I have a couple no namer colonies, but I would really love to see my red planet grow faster. There is a couple new branches, but man do the named corals grow slow!

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad you posted this since I've been thinking about going with an easier to maintain tank like BTA's and large soft corals. Since you're bored with it it's making me reconsider.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I have been so fickle with this new tank! I have loaded it with BTA's and now I am thinking I want to start stocking more sps and really focusing on them. I will need to probably get rid of most or all of the BTA's but I will keep the Magnifica I have of course.

Should I or should I not? :D

Go for it!

But do have your automated dosing system in place for two part. If budget is an issue, I would acquire dosers before corals. Of course don't forget the most inexpensive option - the Aqua Lifter pump. Combined with a simple airline valve and a timer, it will do the trick. I'm currently using one of these and one DIY peristaltic pump from eBay.

Good luck!

-Matt

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been recently bit by the I want to try sps bug so I am in the same boat you guys are. I have started to dable with a couple of them and slowly but shurely picking up a couple more.

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev good call on the no sand I curse my sand every day !! I'd member add sand to sps tank again either go bb or crushed coral

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And btw a nem tank is not a reef tank...nems aren't coral...reef's are made of coral.
I can't believe the owner of my reef forum doesn't have a reef tank...just kidding of course ;)
do it!...just keep it manageable so you don't get burn't out on it.

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DO IT!!!!! YES NEMS ARE BORING!!!! =) HHAHAHAHA I Got LOTS OF SPS I CAN HELP you STOCK IT!!! Lets do a sickkkkkkk SPS PACK!! :clap2::xd::roll::bounce::plane::fish2:

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do it do it do it do it!!!! :xd:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 128 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back