I am trying to join "Hudson Valley Reef Keepers" group.

rhdoug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Stormville too, welcome the the club! We are still "virtual" as far as any actual get-togethers as far as I know. I suspect we will do something in the coming weeks or months...stay tuned. What kind or reef are you planning to have? Mine is a LPS/Softy tank and has been running for 23 years. I can hook you up with some good easy corals when your tank is ready.

newtohobby1025

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Stormville too, welcome the the club! We are still "virtual" as far as any actual get-togethers as far as I know. I suspect we will do something in the coming weeks or months...stay tuned. What kind or reef are you planning to have? Mine is a LPS/Softy tank and has been running for 23 years. I can hook you up with some good easy corals when your tank is ready.
Thanks for welcoming me. I don't have an exact plan yet. My first item that I'd like to get tackled is getting a tank/system up and running. I still have some research to do. I'm looking for to getting everything set up. I just want to make sure everything is good and healthy before I put anything living in it. Thanks again for the welcome.

dero13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do i join the Hudson Valley group? currently doing research into starting my first reef tank :) i have 4 freshwater tanks set up currently

IGROZOAS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the area. I’m in Poughquag. Glad to see people still floating around. I currently have a IM 30L. If anyone is looking for some coral feel free to PM me. I have zoas, sps, and mushrooms.

Attachments

• 5ABBCE47-A879-4336-A4B2-5E1F218B5A4C.jpeg
    5ABBCE47-A879-4336-A4B2-5E1F218B5A4C.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 54

dero13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the area. I’m in Poughquag. Glad to see people still floating around. I currently have a IM 30L. If anyone is looking for some coral feel free to PM me. I have zoas, sps, and mushrooms.
Thank you! Nice I’m in Putnam Valley. Once I take the plunge and get a sw tank I will for sure hit you up for some corals! :D

kabal2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys, I'm from New Jersey and I will like to join the club, any ideas what do I need to do
thanks

reefs4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, I'm interested in joining. How do I go about it?

The new fish store is:
Hudson Valley Fish -N- Reef LLC
1207 Route 9 Suite 1, Wappingers Falls, NY
845-283-8334
salwatermike.com

Grand opening was January 22nd but I personally didn't make it, would like to check it out soon though.

nine9d

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, thanks for letting us know. Wish I would have known about that Grand Opening!

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dropped by the new store today HVFR. Chatted with Michael briefly. Place is still coming together, but already has a decent stock of coral and is looking pretty good. He was building the shelves for the fish system, when I popped in. I believe he is open 3 days a week, at the moment, so you just have to catch him at the right time. It's nice to have another saltwater fish store in the area. A few more and who knows, this may become a reef hobby destination. Fingers crossed.

Wick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man its nice to see some locals! was looking on here for some frags and fish local to NY and stumbled upon this! I'm in Hyde Park. Mike is cool and always orders for great stock! i used to have a 125 gallon tank but now have a reefer 170 ( wanted the starfire glass )

CMurphy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I need to be a member of this group in particular to add posts? If so, what is the approval process? I don't see any place to start a thread as of now. Thanks.

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I need to be a member of this group in particular to add posts? If so, what is the approval process? I don't see any place to start a thread as of now. Thanks.

No, you don’t need approval. You can post in this forum anytime.

Welcome to the disjointed HVRK. Start a thread and tell us your plans and ask any questions you have. In this club we’ve probably made every mistake there is at some point so perhaps you’ll find some wisdom in our collective experience.

My first tank was a 29 gallon I bought at Walmart after purchasing Saltwater for Dummies at Barnes & Nobles. Six months later I found an Internet forum and learned all my mistakes, but at least I was up and running. That was in 2003.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 139 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back