I bleach cured some old live rock from an old system…. Now what?

dbati

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I just finished bleach curing some old live rock I had in the yard from an old system years ago.

I had it in a brute garbage container for a week in a 10:1 mixture of rodi water to chlorine.

I let the rocks dry out for a day but they still smelled like chlorine so I rinsed the garbage can again and filled it up with more RODI water. I put the rocks back in the tank with a circulation pump and put in a healthy dose of Seachem Prime. Which apparently removes chlorine.

I plan on leaving it in there all day and taking the rocks out tomorrow and smelling them to see if they pass the sniff test.

I also ordered some chlorine test strips to be the second test after they pass the sniff test.

My question for you guys is AFTER they pass all the chlorine tests, can I put them in my aquarium? My aquarium has about 30lbs of live rock 2 fish ( a clown and a goby) several invertebrates that came with the live rock (red emerald crabs, spaghetti worms, fan worms, Mexican turbo snail, and a fleshy limpit) and just a couple of corals ( gsp, leather and Kenya tree)

Thanks for the advice in advance!

45D5A45A-B4C7-4836-A448-1D5E45F44CAD.jpeg image.jpg image.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back