I broke my heater, and have some questions

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
So mid water change I smelled something burning, and realized I left my heater plugged in. It was piping hot when I unplugged it, and fell into the tank water, where it burst and caused a bunch of steam. It was already unplugged, thankfully, but I’m concerned that chemicals inside may have entered the water. Is there anything I should be concerned about (besides needing to buy a new heater…) or should everything be okay? I feel really dumb for leaving the heater plugged in above water, but I suppose everyone’s allowed to do something stupid…

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
So mid water change I smelled something burning, and realized I left my heater plugged in. It was piping hot when I unplugged it, and fell into the tank water, where it burst and caused a bunch of steam. It was already unplugged, thankfully, but I’m concerned that chemicals inside may have entered the water. Is there anything I should be concerned about (besides needing to buy a new heater…) or should everything be okay? I feel really dumb for leaving the heater plugged in above water, but I suppose everyone’s allowed to do something stupid…
What kind of heater was it?
Edit.. Meaning ...Brand

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't find anything on the website or manual that would be of use in this scenario. I would say do as others suggested.... UGH! which means more water changes :(. I wish I could give you a hug. :disappointed-face: . It's been quite a week for your tanks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back