I build an App to log the tank measurement

Mark Ma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@board admin:

I'm not sure this thread is proper to post here.
If not, the administrator could move to the right place.

thank you.

Hi Guys:
I build an App called MarineWay to log down the tank measurement, livestock growth track.

But didn't get enough feedback to improve it. The App is only available on iPhone.
If you can take a try and let me know it's fit for you. That will be great.

The App is free till you add a second tank in the App.

Thank you. Any advice is appreciated.

OP
OP
M

Mark Ma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$12/year to track more than 10 livestock? Surely you're joking... There are dozens of free apps that already offer all of these features and much more,
Hello Blaxsun

Thanks for the comment. Glad to hear the feedback here.

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$12/year to track more than 10 livestock? Surely you're joking... There are dozens of free apps that already offer all of these features and much more,
@blaxsun I believe it is against R2Rs policy to criticize the price of the items sold by peer reefers.
The OP is looking for feedback from this awesome community and I think we can help him.
Instead, I think we could recomend him to benchmark other apps and give him examples so he can arrive to his own conclusions.
I would also add that as a consumer, I prefer to pay upfront and avoid subscriptions at all costs (pun intended).
I'm also interested in automatic logging and storing data securely in case my phone breaks or gets lost.
And the most important feedback from my point of view would be to port to Android. I'm going to guess most reef keepers are Apple fans but in the spirit of openness and control over my devices I have always chosen Android. Even when sometimes I envy Apples beautiful user interface :)

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@blaxsun I believe it is against R2Rs policy to criticize the price of the items sold by peer reefers.
The OP is looking for feedback from this awesome community and I think we can help him.
Instead, I think we could recomend him to benchmark other apps and give him examples so he can arrive to his own conclusions.
I would also add that as a consumer, I prefer to pay upfront and avoid subscriptions at all costs (pun intended).
I'm also interested in automatic logging and storing data securely in case my phone breaks or gets lost.
And the most important feedback from my point of view would be to port to Android. I'm going to guess most reef keepers are Apple fans but in the spirit of openness and control over my devices I have always chosen Android. Even when sometimes I envy Apples beautiful user interface :)
It's not BTW, and this isn't a classified add selling an item anyway. OP wanted feedback and got it

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I (and many, many other reefers) are simply not interested in a subscription model. Especially one that kicks in after just 10 livestock.
I agree with the anti-subscription model. I would rather pay for an app up front. If I were to pay for a subscription, the app better be top-notch and receive regular updates/upgrades. Android support would be great @Mark Ma , I'd love to check the app out.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@board admin:

I'm not sure this thread is proper to post here.
If not, the administrator could move to the right place.

thank you.

Hi Guys:
I build an App called MarineWay to log down the tank measurement, livestock growth track.

But didn't get enough feedback to improve it. The App is only available on iPhone.
If you can take a try and let me know it's fit for you. That will be great.

The App is free till you add a second tank in the App.

Thank you. Any advice is appreciated.

Could you describe the features that distinguish your software from the existing tools?

tomboys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am willing to pay upfront for apps, but I never get any apps that need a paid subscription. I'm also another person who is going to suggest supporting Android.

OP
OP
M

Mark Ma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you describe the features that distinguish your software from the existing tools?
Could you describe the features that distinguish your software from the existing tools

Thanks for sharing thoughts @tomboys @LiveFreeAndReef @MikeTheNewbie

I don't have a plan to build the Android version caused I feel in a rut on iPhone version.
If I will, will make it free plus advertisement.

@Chrisv.

Features:

Water measurement (which other App did the same thing)
Livestock tracking (price, growth timeline, where get it, ...)
Apple id login
All data saved in the cloud

I plan to add a full tank shoot and maintenance task.
People do not come back after they tried, so I feel it's not worth adding more functions now.
Maybe, people feel water measurement is boring, and hard to remember to do that.
Maybe they have better options like paper and pencil, other apps.

Anyway, glad to listen here.

thank you, guys.

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe, people feel water measurement is boring, and hard to remember to do that.
Maybe they have better options like paper and pencil, other apps.
Some of us really like to test our water parameters

Back