I can’t do math

Austin456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5 gallon QT tank and I’m going to dose copper power but I’m having trouble calculating how much I should does. The bottle says 1 fluid ounce per 20g. Can anyone do the math and figure out how much copper power I have to does for 5 gallons? Would really appreciate it.

you’d think this is something they would teach me in school...NOPE. But if anyone needs to know how to find the length of a side to a triangle using trigonometry, I’m your guy! Lol

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5 gallon QT tank and I’m going to dose copper power but I’m having trouble calculating how much I should does. The bottle says 1 fluid ounce per 20g. Can anyone do the math and figure out how much copper power I have to does for 5 gallons? Would really appreciate it.

you’d think this is something they would teach me in school...NOPE. But if anyone needs to know how to find the length of a side to a triangle using trigonometry, I’m your guy! Lol
1 fluid ounce per 20 gallons / 4 (for your 5 gallon tank) = 0.25 fluid oz

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of things - you should always confirm your copper dose using a good test kit, and always confirm the tank’s actual volume, not what they call it. 29 gallon tanks may only hold 23 gallons while some 5 gallon tanks are actually 5.5 gallons. To get the actual volume, measure the inside tank length and width in inches, as well as the water depth. Multiple all three numbers together and divide by 231. That gives you the actual tank volume in gallons.
Jay

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a five gallon tank volume and a dose of 1ou per 20 gallons

5 is what part of 20

5/20 = 1/4 = .25 = 25%

1 fluid ounce = 29.5 ml

29.5 x .25 = 7.4 ml
I have a bunch of 10ml syringes to measure stuff. You can find them cheap at agricultural stores usually.

You should measure the tank like Jay said or fill it with something graduated and measure how much it takes.
Then you would use that number where I used 5

Hope that helps

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back