I cannot decide between Waterbox 35.2 or Innovative Marine Nuvo 40

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In reef/saltwater tanks , bigger is always better.
That being said, I do prefer the WB look. And their website is fun to browse lol.
*I dont have a IM or WB, just giving my distant opinion*

Last edited:

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion, any modern reef-ready tank should run a bean-animal drain. As far as I could tell, most WBs were drilled to only have two drains, not three that is required of a bean-animal. It is a no brainer to make the overflow box 2" wider to incorporate this. Plus a few other things like no leveling mat and sub-par stands that are usually only noticeable to experts or those with OCD like me. Personally, I would go the cheaper route of IM or upgrade past the WB. For only a few more dollars, you could get something of much higher quality and customized. Since you're interested in going sumpless, I especially recommend the AIOs from IM, just make sure to measure your equipment thoroughly as to make sure it fits. IM tanks usually come with a net top, too, which is a plus.
“For only a few more dollars, you could get something of much higher quality and customized“

From where?

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why not a fiji cube 38 gall on peninsula?

ReefologyRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ordering a tank from CHINA is $249 in shipping! It's heinous what they are doing with that $300 charge.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ordering a tank from CHINA is $249 in shipping! It's heinous what they are doing with that $300 charge.
Outside of the 99$ 15 gallon cube, most of IM's products are wildly overpriced. You may as well just have a custom tank built.

Also, if I were going to buy a large IM tank I would get it through my LFS. They price match the site and don't charge shipping.

ReefologyRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outside of the 99$ 15 gallon cube, most of IM's products are wildly overpriced. You may as well just have a custom tank built.

Also, if I were going to buy a large IM tank I would get it through my LFS. They price match the site and don't charge shipping.
Thanks for the tip about LFS! I will definitely look into that

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip about LFS! I will definitely look into that
No problem! Hopefully your LFS is like mine and you get a break on the shipping! The IM tanks do look nice, I have a 15 gallon that I couldn't pass up for 99$. I'm considering a 14 gallon peninsula for my desk now because I just got an Eshopps deskmate Florida and I'm pretty disappointed in it's seam work. I'm worried it will leak...

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fingers crossed that leak never happens. A 15g for desk would be a great idea for my office
I think BRS is going to exchange it for me, I haven't filled it yet, so I'm going to see if I got a bad unit, or if the seam work is like this on all of them. Other than the seam bubbles, it is a really lovely little tank for the desk.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back