I.D.?

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ID on these? They’re ALL OVER the glass. I don’t see how it can be flatworms as I haven’t introduced anything new to this tank in over 9 months. Have had snails laying eggs like crazy, but I’ve always heard snail eggs won’t survive hatching in a tank with fish.
68AC6FF7-D2A4-4847-8DB9-AC1DF6BCB7BC.jpeg
C5331910-F105-42E8-BA4E-6DA7B2F456CC.jpeg

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flat worms not sure on species

Reffetsevla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know of an invert that would eat these? Trying to wait on a Pink Streaked or Possum Wrasse for that purpose but they are few and far between.

I have had these exact same ones for a handful of months now, get something to eat them if you can as they will get about 1/8" in length eventually. They dont seem to eat any coral or anything, but I have watched a few pass over my Paly's and Zoa's which forced them closed. Doesn't hurt them, but in numbers it looks like they could irritate coral.

My plan is a Pink Streaked Wrasse for my 20g if I can find one, Possum is second choice but man some of those get pricey lol

OP
OP
DocRose

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would I have gotten them though? As I said I haven’t added anything new to the tank in 9 months. I did introduce some berghia nudibranch to the tank to battle aptasia about a month ago. But I didn’t think nudibranch could carry flatworm eggs. And even if they could would they have hatched and multiplied this much to take over a 10 gallon tank?

I do plan to get a wrasse in the future, but not until my Red Sea 250 is finished being set up and that’s at least a month out.

@Reffetsevla that’s crazy that I get this flatworm outbreak two months after I lose my Possum Wrasse (didn’t survive the tank breakdown). And you’re right they’re pricey! Paid $80 for him a year ago.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would I have gotten them though? As I said I haven’t added anything new to the tank in 9 months. I did introduce some berghia nudibranch to the tank to battle aptasia about a month ago. But I didn’t think nudibranch could carry flatworm eggs. And even if they could would they have hatched and multiplied this much to take over a 10 gallon tank?

I do plan to get a wrasse in the future, but not until my Red Sea 250 is finished being set up and that’s at least a month out.

@Reffetsevla that’s crazy that I get this flatworm outbreak two months after I lose my Possum Wrasse (didn’t survive the tank breakdown). And you’re right they’re pricey! Paid $80 for him a year ago.
I would imagine you've had them all along and the wrasse was keeping them in check.

Reffetsevla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Talk about awful timing lol I've been blowing them off the glass and rocks with a turkey baster and letting my clowns feast a bit and the filter catches a bunch as well. Really hoping to find one of those little wrasses soon, even the pink streaked is $80 nowadays

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back