I DON'T KNOW...I KIND OF LIKE THIS OLD TRICOLOR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is one of a few pieces in my collection that I really have no idea where it came from. I have a feeling it was in a trade that I've all but forgotten the details of, but it's been around here a long time though, and grown from a single frag. That much I am sure of. Mostly overlooked and pushed aside, I'll confess, this guy has started to catch my attention a bit more lately.

Nothing too fancy really I mean the "wow" factor is pretty muted, but the red/pink hues in the tips really distinguishes it from any other Tri color type I have, and the more I look at this old chestnut, the more I like it, in kind of "old fashioned" way. The pinks are a bit more pronounced under led as well. Maybe that's part of it.

What do you guys say? Have I been staring at this thing too long? Kind of cool looking, or no?

IMG_0098-Edit-2_zpsmetvpyiq.jpg

IMG_0098-Edit-3_zpsge1gqqkx.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey thanks for the support guys!:) Salty that may be it for all I know. I honestly don't know. lol

If anyone out there has ever traded with me, and you recognize this one let us all know!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very interesting color Adam !! Is this under your radiums ?

Hi there!

Pic was taken under my radium set up but this ones been under photon v1’s for a long time now.

I’ll admit it looks better under the leds for sure

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!

Pic was taken under my radium set up but this ones been under photon v1’s for a long time now.

I’ll admit it looks better under the leds for sure

I don't like your intentions as you might just make me take my halides off in favor of photon someday !!

Regards,
Abhishek

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't like your intentions as you might just make me take my halides off in favor of photon someday !!

Regards,
Abhishek

Ha! nah you are set with the Radium my friend. Hard to beat really. There's nothing lost on this guy under halides believe me. In fact I think you've just inspired me to plant a frag of this in a hot spot on the reef flat and see what happens:) Running a radium over that now myself:)

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Thanks Rik! Who know you may have had one of these at some point over the years. anything familiar about this thing
Nope. I don't recall anything from you with reddish pink growth tips. The more I look at it the more I like it. The teal turquoise base is really nice. Some of that new growth on the bottom really brings it out. I'm ready for a piece for sure.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back