I don't know why I cannot get anemones to live in my tank, help?

TroyfromKy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some real help here. I have a red sea 125 g tank, that has been cycled for almost two years now. I added a sea anemone three months ago, over three months, I added 4 in total. I am down to two only. One of the two is acting ill and I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

My water parameters are near perfect. I have UV light treating the water in and out, I have a phosphate bio-reactor going. The red sea roller mat filter system. Chateo in the sump with plenty of cycled media down below. I have the magna skimmer that works well.

That all being said, my water is perfect, good flow in the tank and excellent lighting. So I am at a loss and need help. Everything I see online tells me I am doing the right things, but why are they still dying? Help. I don't want to continue to spend money on these and have them die. It breaks my heart.

OP
OP
TroyfromKy

TroyfromKy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other corals/livestock do you have?

Are they bubbletip anemones or something more exotic?
yes, bubbletip. I only have those and 4 small blue tangs, 7 blue damsels, a medium size trigger, a catfish, a hermit crab, and three clown fish

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones that have died...have they turned inside out? Got nasty and slimy? Deteriorate and make water nasty? If any of these then it can be acclimation stress, something in the water, a bacterial infection, etc.

On the other hand if they just slowly whither away and one day are gone that's more likely the result of starvation.

It would help if you can give key water parameters. Not really such thing as "perfect" water(at least not that's agreed upon). Some things do better in dirtier water, some in cleaner water for example.

Are you feeding it? What sort of lighting do you have?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back