I don't know why my fish died

Joon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image-jpg.297283
Ok I had a bicolor blennie and a Wrasse in my QT the blennie died and I don't know what he had so what should I treat with or will some one help me find out what it iS he was breathing rapidly wasn't eating wasn't swimming much at all his gills might have been swollen
image.jpg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was breathing rapidly wasn't eating sense I got him and he wasn't swimming at all he was discolored his gills seemed to be swollen

^^FYI; This was posted in another thread about this same issue. I agree if we could know exactly how you acclimated this fish, it would help us confirm/rule out ammonia burn that could have happened during the acclimation process.

OP
OP
Joon

Joon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drip acclimated him over a hour period I had another fish with him and the other fish is just fine

OP
OP
Joon

Joon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other fish is in the same QT and doing just fine eating and every thing else but I don't want the same thing to happen to him if it's some kind of parasites

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The breathing rapidly/swollen gills suggests that's where the problem occurred. Could have been a parasite such as ich or velvet in the gills, or gill flukes (worms). You say you took over a hour to drip acclimate him... How long had be been in the bag before that?

robert

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you buy the fish? Did you buy them from an LFS where you saw them before purchase or online?
How long were they in transit?

OP
OP
Joon

Joon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was in a bag for about 1 hour and 30 minutes the wrasse was to hand he is just fine I got them at my LFS

OP
OP
Joon

Joon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The breathing rapidly/swollen gills suggests that's where the problem occurred. Could have been a parasite such as ich or velvet in the gills, or gill flukes (worms). You say you took over a hour to drip acclimate him... How long had be been in the bag before that?
So what should I use to treat the wrasse so he don't get it he is still doing good right now eating and not breathing rapidly

robert

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait - allow your fish to settle in to his new surroundings and has a healthy appetite. There is nothing of an emergency nature that requires the prazi at the moment...you can do that later after he's recovered from the stresses of capture, shipping and acclimation.

OP
OP
Joon

Joon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the fish had been in there for two weeks

robert

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh - I didn't see this in your post anywhere...I was under the impression, as were others I think, that these fish were fresh additions...

If its been eating and acting normal for two weeks - your good to go with whatever you have in mind in the way of treatments...

OP
OP
Joon

Joon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think I should do for a preventive medicine

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazipro and ttm at the same time is what I do once the fish is eating like yours is, then observe 2-3 weeks. I'd slightly under dose Prazipro and if you suspect ich ttm.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazipro and ttm at the same time is what I do once the fish is eating like yours is, then observe 2-3 weeks. I'd slightly under dose Prazipro and if you suspect ich ttm.

^^Agree.

OP
OP
Joon

Joon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'm new at this so what is ttm

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back