I don't see any activity from anyone.. There's gotta be more reefers in Idaho

gandalf208

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just posting to saw if there's anyone else out there looks like last post was last year. Just stated up an epic tank in mccall looking for more Idaho reefers :)

0526ead3842b74f42268ed95254fbadb.jpg

whittaker727

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where at in Idaho? I'm in the same boat. N. Idaho is home and Spokane WA is about the closest I've come to finding local support or knowledge.

Charlie brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from burley I know there are allot of reefers in Boise twin falls but very few in burley I just think they don't have this app would be nice if there were more on here would love to start trading frags and others stuff

undermind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Let's put some life in this forum!

I'm in Boise, long time reefer starting a new tank. Let me know if you have any equipment for sale! After metal halide stuff, pumps, water storage and more.

Cheers

Nick C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Let's put some life in this forum!

I'm in Boise, long time reefer starting a new tank. Let me know if you have any equipment for sale! After metal halide stuff, pumps, water storage and more.

Cheers
I bought most of my stuff from fish aquarium and stuff over in fairview. I think? I'm from twin so I don't remember if that's what the road is ;)

But I very much agree to getting some life into the forum. There are only 2 Facebook groups for the magic valley and they don't seem to active!

Charlie brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey what's up yea I know that place in boise just copped a wicked mummy eye chalice about 3in piece for 35 but man that place is riddled with aptasia got a frag and dipped it before adding but the dam thing survived now I had to get a copper band he took care of them so [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] let's see your tanks every one post them on this thread i'm trying to but it wont let me upload my vid

Nick C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey what's up yea I know that place in boise just copped a wicked mummy eye chalice about 3in piece for 35 but man that place is riddled with aptasia got a frag and dipped it before adding but the dam thing survived now I had to get a copper band he took care of them so [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] let's see your tanks every one post them on this thread i'm trying to but it wont let me upload my vid
My tank is currently not running. I have rock all over my kitchen table trying to figure out how i'm going to scape it and my Sump just arrived this afternoon. Also going to go get my RO/DI setup after work. I hope to have water in it this weekend! If so i'll post pics after.

Charlie brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is currently not running. I have rock all over my kitchen table trying to figure out how i'm going to scape it and my Sump just arrived this afternoon. Also going to go get my RO/DI setup after work. I hope to have water in it this weekend! If so i'll post pics after.
Nice a little advice I learned cause I was too hard headed glue those rock together save you some frustration and money I just stacked them but having boys wrestling in the house and stuff those rocks fell and killed some corals then trying to stack them back again was a nightmare wish I would of just use epoxy but live and learn right

Nick C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice a little advice I learned cause I was too hard headed glue those rock together save you some frustration and money I just stacked them but having boys wrestling in the house and stuff those rocks fell and killed some corals then trying to stack them back again was a nightmare wish I would of just use epoxy but live and learn right
Did you glue all of them together? My LFS said if it is stable, don't worry about it. but if you could push it over, glue it.

Charlie brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you glue all of them together? My LFS said if it is stable, don't worry about it. but if you could push it over, glue it.
Well mine were pretty stable then they fell and rolled and actually chipped my tank from the inside and crushed my feather duster and 2 corals I don't have mine glued they are stacked also but I got more clustered together to keep them from rolling but if I could do it over again I would definitely glue them a stick of epoxy is like 8$ at petco maybe cheaper at Amazon plus you can utilize your rock better make caves bridges and other stuff instead of piling them together like I had to. I like aquascaping my rock to build up that's my plan but rock ain't cheap so when I get more I am 100% gluing them

Charlie brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how I have half of my tank i got them kinda glued with gel superglue had to really blob it on so it would stick but better then nothing epoxy when it is dry would of worked better

Charlie brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how I have half of my tank i got them kinda glued with gel superglue had to really blob it on so it would stick but better then nothing epoxy when it is dry would of worked better. The other half is where they rolled they were pretty stable but they all ended up falling and taking the rest of them the left I used 8 rocks the right I used 8 and you can't even tell they are too heavy to glue with gel but when I buy my other rock i'm a epoxy my rocks first I built a solid base to build up my rocks to make sure they don't shift

1540228385347.jpeg
1540228652305.jpeg

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the Idaho border but live in Clarkston, WA with just a river to separate us from Lewiston, ID. Just setting up a new office so no tank pictures yet. Built acrylic tanks for pacific northwest and had customers in Boise for years.

Nick C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was later that night after it cleared. Dosed with nitrifying bacteria. Now to wait.

IMG_20181023_125727.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back