I dont understand the hate for Fluval Marine Nano 20w

chs724

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. i am new here and there is a topic which i would like to discuss. so people say how bad the fluval nano sea lighting is and that they prefer a kessil A80 over this one which blows it out of the water. can anyone pls explain to me what kind of logic that is as kessil A80 has 15W compared to 20w of fluval. next it has an output of 10,000K compared to 25.000K of the fluval. if you ask me people just repeat what they have heared someone say without any evidence or logic. i dont think the fluval is as bad as its reputation tbh.

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 20w light does have its uses. It puts out 31 par at 6 inches. It may grow mushrooms and softies. If your using it for that or Fowlr tank I think it would be fine. Happy Reefing!

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. i am new here and there is a topic which i would like to discuss. so people say how bad the fluval nano sea lighting is and that they prefer a kessil A80 over this one which blows it out of the water. can anyone pls explain to me what kind of logic that is as kessil A80 has 15W compared to 20w of fluval. next it has an output of 10,000K compared to 25.000K of the fluval. if you ask me people just repeat what they have heared someone say without any evidence or logic. i dont think the fluval is as bad as its reputation tbh.

have you seen the kessil in person? The difference are the led’s used by kessil vs the leds used by Fluval.

Chibils

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with the Fluval, but based on what you've said the 25,000K color immediately takes it off the table for me and I'm sure some others. At least with the A80 I can get a natural color, and it's tuneable to bluer colors too with the Kessil Logic knob.

Back