I Dose, you Dose, we Dose! What are you DOSING?

How many products do you dose into your aquarium?

• Nothing

Votes: 61 11.2%
  • 1 - 2

Votes: 155 28.5%
  • 3 - 4

Votes: 202 37.1%
  • 5 - 6

Votes: 61 11.2%
  • 7 - 9

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • 10+

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 0.7%

• Total voters

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 gal kalk per day
180ml redsea alk a day
180ml redsea cal a day
250ml redsea mag a day
200ml tm all for reef a day.
20ml ab+ every other day
10ml blue bottle coral booster. The other days.

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used esv bionic and ME nitrate (and Brightwell) with success over looonng period of time. This tank is built with these two. (Thanks Kenny, POTO for taking my tank’s pic)
FFB9E705-7F3E-48CE-97CE-BEB8FDD04F75.jpeg

currently, I have a calcium reactor and kalk reactor running for last one month. Still too early to make a call.

Sam
How long has this tank been up and did it start as frags?

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How long has this tank been up and did it start as frags?
The tank has been up and running since 2013. Everything started as tiny frags and has been redone every 3-4 yrs.
This picture is couple of months old. Since then I have sold every colony (and kept small frags) and started out with fresh aqua scape (joy of this hobby). That’s when I changed from ESV 2 part to calcium reactor and kalk.
Sam

jmoneyyy703

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm curious to see a before and after tank image prior to using all of those products? I image you have to be SPS dominated to be dosing all of that. Plus how do you trust a fish sitter with that instruction list if you travel. I can hardly get my girlfriend to put a cube and add freshwater rodi. Reason I do weekly dosing of mag and Trace.
Mixed reef tank, but went overboard on sps. Mainly using as a grow out tank now till upgrade in a year (100->200+). I have a few things on auto dosing, but about to see how it reacts going away for a week. I will say based on 1.5-2month since starting zeo, everything is rapidly growing and coloring up. Insane PE, browned acros gain colors, almost visible growth/encrusting. But I also changed so much so quickly no idea if any one thing dominated change.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As needed: Calcium , magnesium, reef roids, red sea ab+, mb7, selcon, neo nitrate, neo phos

Daily:kalkwass, soda ash, frozen food, nori, pellet

Dav2996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the benefit to dosing iodine?
It causes the corals to open up from when they are closed and I add food right after so they get feed well too. Follow instructions on the bottle

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All for Reef and AB+ at the moment, likely adding calcium nitrate in the near future. Daily using dosing pumps because automation is important to long term success IMO.

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquaforest Component 123 with (Reef Factory) dosing pump.
TM N-P Bactobalance (4 times 1.5 ml /24h
4 daily drops of KZ Spongpower
2 screwcaps of Seachem iron once a week
1 screwcap Seachem trace once a week.
Tank is about 100g, including a Chaeto refuge, skimmer, GFO, and TLF bioplastic reactors. No water changes. Mostly LPS, some softies, two struggling RBTAs, and about 17 extensively fed fish
Some movies

Wilsonbem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's Monday, a new day and a new week! This week on R2R we're going to focus our QOTD topics around, what should be an interesting subject, DOSING! There are A LOT of things we can dose into our tanks, trace elements, food, medications, etc. The first thing we need to get out of the way is to see who's dosing and what you're dosing! So let's chat about it!

Do you "dose" product into your reef aquarium and if so list all the things you do dose please? Automatic and Manual Dosing both!

image via @pelphrey
dosing.jpeg
I used to dose Red Sea Alk, Cal, Mag, NoPox daily, AB every other day and Red Sea Trace colours twice a week.... now i use a UK product which is a 2 part dosing system.... PH Plus P1 and P2 from Reef Zlements... P1 is Alk and trace elements P2 is Cal and Mag plus trace elements...... much cheaper than Red Sea.... they also do icp testing within 24 hrs and if any elements are down you can dose extra things like iodine boron etc etc. I still dose the Red Sea NoPox and AB.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing individual compounds after ICP tests, some of them on a daily base and some of them after test. At the moment I dose Core 7 (Alkalinity, magnesium and calcium + some trace elements), iodine, borone, vanadium, strontium, iron, rubidium and manganese daily (automated). My goal is to have more or less natural concentration in my 6 years no regular WC system. I intend to do more automatic dosing.

My aquarium

Sincerely Lasse

Sven 142

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see TM All for Reef showing up plenty here.

Dose by hand daily
TM All For Reef - Split Morning and Night
1 drop Aquaforest Pro Bio S - Morning
1ml Aquaforest Nitraphos Minus - Morning
1 Drop Aquaforest Amino Acids - Nightly
1 drop Iodine - Every 3 days

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Auto dose BRS 2-part and technically my frozen food is “auto dosed” 3x a day with a blend of mysis, calanus and reef roids.

Manual additions of Mg and Iodine as needed.

OU812Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's Monday, a new day and a new week! This week on R2R we're going to focus our QOTD topics around, what should be an interesting subject, DOSING! There are A LOT of things we can dose into our tanks, trace elements, food, medications, etc. The first thing we need to get out of the way is to see who's dosing and what you're dosing! So let's chat about it!

Do you "dose" product into your reef aquarium and if so list all the things you do dose please? Automatic and Manual Dosing both!

image via @pelphrey
dosing.jpeg
Seachem Reef 1&2 Aquavitro reef fuel and Seachem reef phytoplankton all automatic

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one regularly, All for reef on a doser 12x a day. Havnt touched the tank in 2 months and it has never looked better. Just feed and top of water and let it go. Thought about doing a water change but no need really. I do have to dose nitrates every so often due to them bottoming out tho. Other than that it's auto pilot with minimal dosing of anything else.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back