I dropped my WD coral into coffee

BonelessEvil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
am I screwed? It just arrived in the mail, but the stem broke off while removing it from its delivery cup. After gluing it back onto its plug, it unfortunately broke again, this time falling into a cup of coffee. We got it out right away, washed it and put it back into the acclamation chamber. Just how resilient are these little guys? #****happens #notGivingUpCoffee

20200505_132801.jpg

ianryd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was all that skin missing at the bottom before it was dropped? Personally I wouldnt have glued it back on if it broke off. Just put it in and hope for the best I guess

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you just got it and the skin was gone out of the bag (the white at the bottom) I would be reaching out to the seller cause you shouldn't be shipping corals with STN. You did however kind of lose your options after the coffee. If it seems ok I would cut all of the base off and try and salvage the tips. RTN will spread till its dead

Ultra Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you want to save that piece you need to frag off the parts that are not white and re-glue it. As others said if it looked like that before the coffee dip I would reach out to the seller, it has STN/RTN.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there's one thing I've learned about acros, it ain't over until it is 100% white and every last polyp is gone. That one looks rough, but I find WD to be one of the most forgiving corals I've owned.

I definitely know what it feels like to do something careless and damage a nice coral. It sucks! Good luck and keep your fingers crossed!

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd drop it in the tank and see what happens.

OP
OP
BonelessEvil

BonelessEvil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there's one thing I've learned about acros, it ain't over until it is 100% white and every last polyp is gone. That one looks rough, but I find WD to be one of the most forgiving corals I've owned.

I definitely know what it feels like to do something careless and damage a nice coral. It sucks! Good luck and keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks for the encouragement (not just you, but everyone else). On this one today, I just had to walk away and play World of Warcraft. It's my stress reliever

Conrad Noto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
am I screwed? It just arrived in the mail, but the stem broke off while removing it from its delivery cup. After gluing it back onto its plug, it unfortunately broke again, this time falling into a cup of coffee. We got it out right away, washed it and put it back into the acclamation chamber. Just how resilient are these little guys? #****happens #notGivingUpCoffee

20200505_132801.jpg
Depends, It doesn't look good, i'd cut off bare part, keep in low light for few days.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the encouragement (not just you, but everyone else). On this one today, I just had to walk away and play World of Warcraft. It's my stress reliever

I can relate, I would have been really hard on myself over it, and that’s never a good way to be. Accidents happen! There will be more WD frags to be had ;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back