I feel bad for the name I drew

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am not going to lie, this winter is not going well
weekend after thanks giving we had the worst local storm since 1991, easily over three feet of snow, had to miss a whole entire week of work, I got in this weekend but right now we are having another storm, might miss this week too, it's not looking good.
So there's less money coming in since I am hourly pay
Plus I was able to get a bunch of zoas for VERY cheap in an auction so I thought why not, they are coming tomorrow but then friday I saw my asternia eating my zoas, they have never done it before and they def are eating it...... been manually removing them, couldn't find a harlequin local so had to spend my tiny storm check on getting one online..... and I'm not making this up.... for the past few days my temp has been going down so I thought it was my room since it was winter but nothing I did was working. Last night I touched my heater, it's dying, it's not dead.... I put it up and I'm watching my temp but I might have to get a new heater
and all of this is happening during christmas! I haven't got a single present yet, I need some for my family, two gift exchanges including the one here (which I wanted to go all out on but that's not happening with the deadline) and I also thought of sending a bunch of small gifts for people but I haven't even been able to buy one yet.....
I don't know why I'm posting this, I'm just frustrated, needed it out
also apologize to people I said I'd buy gifts for I feel horrible about it
I also feel like people are thinking I'm making this up not to spend money, I'm not truly I'm not

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Bad things always tend to come in clusters! Don't stress about it. You can always send a note through Elfster explaining your situation and that you will send what you can when things improve. Everyone has been there at some point... I'm sure they will understand.
Thank you for the support, I'm going through my options right now
(I think I can pull it off)
but the small big issue thing is going to be push back

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If I was your person, I would not be upset if you sent a note explaining things have come up and there will be a delay. We all know stuff happens and communication is the key.

I have not sent out the gifts for my person yet. And I would love to draw some reef art for them in addition to purchasing stuff in their wishlist, but time is not allowing right now. So, they may just get a note saying to expect a surprise later (Christmas in July? lol).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If I was your person, I would not be upset if you sent a note explaining things have come up and there will be a delay. We all know stuff happens and communication is the key.

I have not sent out the gifts for my person yet. And I would love to draw some reef art for them in addition to purchasing stuff in their wishlist, but time is not allowing right now. So, they may just get a not saying to expect a surprise later (Christmas in July? lol).
I like that, thank you.
I really hope I can give back to the community once all this gets over

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry for all the troubles! I know there feels like a lot of pressure to give extra as many do but I don't think anyone should feel guilty.

My cat just has a big vet bill and I had to give him a stern talk about how he got sick during the holiday season on a weekend when the normal vet was closed which meant a ER visit.

Needless to say I will be working extra in Jan to catch up on bills.

I guess he has it worse though as I would rather eat ramen noodles for the next two weeks then have a shaved butt and a cone on my head.

MVIMG_20191208_170928.jpg

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I also agree, if you have me no worries my man!! A simple note or postcard would make a guy like myself happy! The holidays are about helping others and a simple not can go a very long way!! Take care of yourself and your family then the R2R family when you get a chance!

Happy holidays buddy, no worries!

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
I am not going to lie, this winter is not going well
weekend after thanks giving we had the worst local storm since 1991, easily over three feet of snow, had to miss a whole entire week of work, I got in this weekend but right now we are having another storm, might miss this week too, it's not looking good.
So there's less money coming in since I am hourly pay
Plus I was able to get a bunch of zoas for VERY cheap in an auction so I thought why not, they are coming tomorrow but then friday I saw my asternia eating my zoas, they have never done it before and they def are eating it...... been manually removing them, couldn't find a harlequin local so had to spend my tiny storm check on getting one online..... and I'm not making this up.... for the past few days my temp has been going down so I thought it was my room since it was winter but nothing I did was working. Last night I touched my heater, it's dying, it's not dead.... I put it up and I'm watching my temp but I might have to get a new heater
and all of this is happening during christmas! I haven't got a single present yet, I need some for my family, two gift exchanges including the one here (which I wanted to go all out on but that's not happening with the deadline) and I also thought of sending a bunch of small gifts for people but I haven't even been able to buy one yet.....
I don't know why I'm posting this, I'm just frustrated, needed it out
also apologize to people I said I'd buy gifts for I feel horrible about it
I also feel like people are thinking I'm making this up not to spend money, I'm not truly I'm not
Hopefully you drew mine it and I'm fine with nothing Merry Christmas

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry for all the troubles! I know there feels like a lot of pressure to give extra as many do but I don't think anyone should feel guilty.

My cat just has a big vet bill and I had to give him a stern talk about how he got sick during the holiday season on a weekend when the normal vet was closed which meant a ER visit.

I guess he has it worse though as I would rather eat ramen noodles for the next two weeks then have a shaved butt and a cone on my head.

Beautiful baby!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score

I’m sorry about the vet bills, but you have a beautiful cat!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back